It kills me to see someone with a nice top and no idea how to fold it. When I bought my first Midget I was fortunate to find the original owners manual only half-consumed by rodents. Even the mice seemed interested in top care, because they'd left those pages completely alone!
1. Undo all six of the interior snaps, then release the two large latches.
2. Unsnap the six (or eight) Tenax fasteners around the outer back corners:
3. Gently pull the front lip of the top back, while spreading the top material flat onto the trunk lid:
4. Fold in the corner windows:
5. Now roll the entire top forward and wrap it around the frame:
6. If you've got one, lay the top cover over your neatly folded top and secure the Tenax fasteners and rear snaps.
7. The four hanging strips of vinyl on the front of the top cover wrap around the folded top and snap onto the rear panel inside of the car:
Folded as such, you hopefully won't crease and tear your vinyl windows.
This was only partly an excuse to show off my really nice top!
When you say roll the entire top forward and rap around the frame, can you elaborate there a little.
confused about this soft top. And for mice mine made a nice nest in the engine bay and
stuffed the hood full of bird seed! Thanks for the great article.
Want to leave a comment or ask the owner a question?
Sign in or register a new account — it's free