As to the caveats before people should be allowed to own an MG: it reminds me of when we adopted our cocker from the animal shelter. They had a two-page questionaire to determine if you were qualified to own a dog. Not to say that MGs are dogs, even though one of mine is named "Milou".
- Are you ready to love this car unconditionally?
- Do you realize that you will have to understand almost everything about this car, including the engine, transmission, brakes, carburators, etc?
- If you already know about cars, are you willing to learn a whole new vocabulary?
- Are you willing to associate constantly with other MG owners?
- Do you know a nearby mechanic expert about MGs? (If yes, skip to #8)
- Are you willing to get greasy? All over? In your eyes, hair, skin, clothing, etc?
- Are you willing to shed blood?
- Do you own a fire extinguisher?
- Do you realize that this will cost more money than you can sell it for?
- If you already own tools, are you willing to purchase a whole new set?
- Do you posess a large vocabulary of four-letter words?
- Is your spouse or Significant Other an MG lover? (If yes, skip to #14)
- Are you familiar with the process for divorce or separation with a S.O.?
- Do you have another, reliable car?
- Do you have garage space? For the car, parts, tools, more parts, etc?
- Do you have a problem with puddles of oil?
- Puddles of gasoline?
- Puddles of blood?
- Do you know what Hypoid oil is, it's applications, and the difference between it and crankcase oil?
- Are you sure you love this car?
- Do you think 'A little rust' is OK?
- Can you recognize 'a lot' of rust?
- Does seeing daylight through your floorboards bother you?
- Are you willing to drive without musical entertainment so that you can enjoy the incomperable pleasure of listening to your engine run, and attempt to listen for new problems as the develop?
- Do you love this car above all others?
- Do you worry what other people think?
- Do you think purchasing an MG is a practical decision?
- How do you feel about people asking you "What year is that Karmann-Ghia?"
- Are you sure you're feeling all right today?
- Are you taking any medication?
- Have you ever paid money to ride in an MG?
- Isn't your relationship with this car a little unnatural?
Want to leave a comment or ask the owner a question?
Sign in or register a new account — it's free