Registry: 1967 MG MGB GT
Tanny O'Haley's 1967 MG MGB GT
to vote for this car or add your vehicles
- The car came with some sort of stainless steel header and exhaust. We think it's a big bore exhaust.
- Engine has SU carburators that came with the car.
- The 71 came with a 45D distributor that the PO had installed. I decided to keep the 45D with points.
- We used Green Stuff V8 pads on the front disks.
- The body was taken down to bare metal and painted 2012 Lincoln silver metallic, but with a smaller number 2 flake.
- The interior was done by North Hollywood Upholstery with the whole back seat in red leather, the front seat faces and top sides in red leather, the seat lower sides, doors and other panels done in red vinyl. The dash top was left stock. We used a synthetic red carpet.
- I originally media blasted the wires and primed them with self etching primer and painted them with Moss silver/gray wire wheel paint. Unfortunately the wheels weren't straight and the spokes started to squeak. After looking them over I decided they weren't worth restoring and bought the Dayton chrome/stainless wheels off eBay. I decided to get 15x6 wheels so I would have better tire choices.
- The original steering wheel started to fall apart in my hands and was very flexible. After examining the reproduction steering wheels, the Moto Lita, and the Moss Tourist Trophy, I decided I liked the Moss wheel best and bought it for my car.
- The car has the steering wheel on the right. A plate on the door jam says the car was sold in Cambridge, England. I purchase the car on a lien sale.
I drive the car daily and like to take the occasional run in the Santa Monica mountains which is actually near Malibu.
|Owner:||Tanny O'Haley [tannyo]|
|Location:||North Hollywood, CA, USA|
|Engine Code:||18GK RWE-H 5058|
|Transmission:||3 Sync 4 Speed Overdrive|
|Last Updated:||2013-09-01 01:20:54|
|Magic VIN Decoder|
Factory: Abingdon, England
Engine: B-Series (1.2-2.4L) 4cyl
Body Type: GT or Coupe
Series: MGB MkI (1962-1967)
Model Year: 1962 to 1969
Car Number: 125118
Engine Size: 1798cc
Engine Type: MG
Code K: 'K' Unknown!
These are "best guesses" based only on the VIN, completeness & accuracy are not guaranteed. Information entered by the owner should take precedence.
Leave a Comment
This vehicle's information was last updated on 2013-09-01 01:20:54
- Changes from 2013-09-01 00:51:21 to previous 2012-05-19 17:04:03
- Mileage added 89,696
- Engine Code added 18GK RWE-H 5058
- Status Restoration in progress → Running
- Changes from 2012-01-19 23:06:02 to previous 2011-12-06 20:46:56
- Colour White → Silver
|Oct 31, 2011||Tanny O'Haley||Added to Registry (ID 11863)|
If this vehicle has been sold and you are the new owner, sign up to become a member (or if you're already a member, make sure you are signed in) and ask the current owner to click the "Transfer Vehicle" button from this car's page. If you have any difficulty with the process, please contact the webmaster.