AutoShrine Sponsor

mowog1 Avatar
mowog1 Gold Member Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, IL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"    & more
I have been reading up on Civil War history and Gettysburg in preparation for MG2018.

There will be quizzes, you know!

devil smiley

1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
mowog1 Avatar
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
I watched the 1993 movie, Gettysburg, last night.

I recommend this for any MG2018 participant interested in the history of the area and the three-day battle that occurred in July 1863.

It will give you a lot of insight and you will be able to appreciate the tour of the battleground a little more.....

If you don't view the movie before MG2018....be sure to view it after you return home.....you will greatly appreciate what those men endured.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107007/

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com

Attachments:
gettysburg-dvd-cover-26.jpg    55.3 KB
gettysburg-dvd-cover-26.jpg

garyd Avatar
garyd Gold Member Gary Dabrowski
Naugatuck, western Connecticut, USA   USA
1957 MG MGA 1500 "Long Gone"
1974 MG MGB
1975 MG MGB
1976 MG MGB
It's a great movie Rick. Quite well done. I have a copy in my library. Having read a bit about those three days in July 1863, I am looking ofrward to getting back to tour the field once more.

HM.m.m.m......... This film would make an interesting "drive-in movie" subject/event. Hang a sheet of the wall of the hotel and fill the lawn in front of it with lawn chairs. . . . .

Anyway, se ya' at Gettysburg!

Member Services:
Maker of BHH558 carb and choke bracket for MGB cars fitted with the SU HIF4 carb & later car HIF4 upgrades and the highly regarded Air Filter Builder’s Kit, a compact and stylish alternative to Coopers Cans using economical paper filter elements.
mowog1 Avatar
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
In reply to # 3666481 by garyd It's a great movie Rick. Quite well done. I have a copy in my library. Having read a bit about those three days in July 1863, I am looking ofrward to getting back to tour the field once more.

HM.m.m.m......... This film would make an interesting "drive-in movie" subject/event. Hang a sheet of the wall of the hotel and fill the lawn in front of it with lawn chairs. . . . .

Anyway, se ya' at Gettysburg!

Better yet.....there is a movie theatre within walking distance (a matter of yards) from the front door of the hotel.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get them to do a matinee showing of "Gettysburg" one day?

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
garyd Avatar
1974 MG MGB
1975 MG MGB
1976 MG MGB
Yes, I agree. Nice.

Might not be workable as the theater needs to make a profit from its operations. I have to wonder if a larger meeting room might be available in the hotel. One that has AV equipment in place. Run the film and have some commentary by informed local historians. That would be cool.

Member Services:
Maker of BHH558 carb and choke bracket for MGB cars fitted with the SU HIF4 carb & later car HIF4 upgrades and the highly regarded Air Filter Builder’s Kit, a compact and stylish alternative to Coopers Cans using economical paper filter elements.
mowog1 Avatar
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
It is costly to show films to the public.

Royalties must be paid.

My township library cannot even show childrens' movies without experiencing the cost of the royalties...they risk huge fines if word trickles out. (I sit on the library board....there is really no legal way around this.)

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
garyd Avatar
1974 MG MGB
1975 MG MGB
1976 MG MGB
OK. Nice thought while it lasted.

Member Services:
veloman518 Avatar
veloman518 Joe Marino
York, PA, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
Actually you would do better going old school and reading "The Killer Angels". It's the book they based the movie on. It's a good read and digs more into the details.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster