mgb 1 year production cylinder head

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pepperjack Kenny D
Gulfport, Ms., USA   USA
Hello fellow MG enthusiast. It has come to my attention, that there was one year only, where MGB used a larger valve head on the 1972 MGB rd/gt. If there's any MG buff's in the know, about said type heads, I would very much appreciate, any and all information concerning these cylinder heads. Why they was produced, and reason for there introduction in the MGB, The size of valves on this particular cylinder head, etc, etc. I'm hoping someone might shed some light on this for me. Happy motoring, and Safety/Fast. Looking forward in hearing from you. Best regards, Ken

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
Haven't heard about a single year cylinder head, but it sounds like a 2923, which was used 72-74.5

http://www.flowspeed.com/cylinder-ident.htm

I don't know. It's always smoked like that/made that sound/done that.

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
In reply to # 3717764 by Pepperjack Hello fellow MG enthusiast. It has come to my attention, that there was one year only, where MGB used a larger valve head on the 1972 MGB rd/gt. If there's any MG buff's in the know, about said type heads, I would very much appreciate, any and all information concerning these cylinder heads. Why they was produced, and reason for there introduction in the MGB, The size of valves on this particular cylinder head, etc, etc. I'm hoping someone might shed some light on this for me. Happy motoring, and Safety/Fast. Looking forward in hearing from you. Best regards, Ken

The 2923 is the best stock factory head made as for flow, but it also one of the prone to crack. The 2923 had the largest valves of all the B series heads at 1.625" vs 1.56". However if you port ehad, you can make it whatever your need to be,and even go up to 1.7" intake valves.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others
larrym Avatar
larrym Silver Member Larry M
near Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB "Racer"
1968 Volkswagen 1600 "Manx"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
There are few heads to add to the bunch that were only Euro market only heads, I talked to Peter Burgess about this one time.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster