AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Lotus Avatar
Lotus Silver Member Roy Hodgson
Villeneuve, VD, Switzerland   CHE
1974 MG MGB "Butterscotch"
My neighbor gave me this book for Xmas. Love the Aston on the cover (and NO points for guessing the rest of the license plate) but would love to know what the little chrome nozzle is coming off the bumper (see arrow).

If this was Austin Powers car I would guess it was the defensive oil squirter.

I have looked at many DB photos (I prefer to know the answer before asking the question) but have not seen another.

Roy

We have two lives. The second one starts when you realize you only have one.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Scan_20180213 (2).jpg    40.9 KB
Scan_20180213 (2).jpg

copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Springtime in, CT, USA   USA
I think its a bit of an optical illusion; the nozzle is actually one of the ears on the wheel knock-off. This may be the rear plate:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 01:24 PM by copernicus.

Attachments:
jb.jpg    10 KB
jb.jpg

Lotus Avatar
Lotus Silver Member Roy Hodgson
Villeneuve, VD, Switzerland   CHE
1974 MG MGB "Butterscotch"
Dammit Nick, I have been looking at that photo for a couple of months and you get it right in a couple of minutes. sad smiley

We have two lives. The second one starts when you realize you only have one.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Springtime in, CT, USA   USA
Roy, sometimes staring at something for too long a time can lead one astray; I just today mistook a photo of an AH 3000 for an MGA!

As an aside, when I was very young we lived in Switzerland in the small town, Koniz, just outside of Bern. I have no memories of that time, but my parents always spoke about the beauty of the countryside and the friendliness of the people. Tried once to visit the area, but spent too much time in Germany and Belgium and ran out of money. Thankfully I had a pre-paid return ticket!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster