AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mulpha Avatar
mulpha Gold Member Terrence Walters
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Shirley"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Dorothy"
The Calgary MG Car Club will return to Radium Hot Springs B.C once again from Friday June 15 thru Sunday June 17 for the 10th edition of BritsBest Classics.

The picnic theme of the 2017 event will be featured once again, ( as will another Morris Calvert Memorial Rally ) though the featured MG will be the MGB GTV8, which celebrates its 45th anniversary in 2018. These cars were not sold in North America in period, but a number of them have found their way to these shores in recent years.
The car show will be held in the same area at Legends Field on Saturday, with cars arranged in “picnic circles” and the “best in show” again determined by “donation”.
We raised $600 for local youth programmes in this way in 2017, and they will once again be the beneficiary’s in 2018.

Our host hotel properties will be the Crystal Springs Motel and Village Country Inn, which will be completely blocked for our guests. Reservations will only be accepted once your entry for the event is confirmed, so please do not contact the hotels to book, before you have a confirmation number to give them.

Please mark your calendars for the Father's Day weekend in Radium Hot Springs, and watch our web site at www.calgarymgclub.org for on-line registration, which we hope to have up very soon.

We look forward to seeing you in Radium Hot Springs in June.
BritsBest Classics Committee

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jewar Avatar
jewar Silver Member John Warlimont
Abbotsford, BC, Canada   CAN
Terry:
Googled the motel,360 view looked like right across from Legends Field? Am I correct.
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 10:42 AM by jewar.

MGBGTee Avatar
MGBGTee Gold Member Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   CAN
There is a factory 1973 MGB GT V8 currently on auction at Bring A Trailer, if anyone wants to bring it to BritsBest. smiling smiley

1973 MGB GT V8 on B.A.T.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mulpha Avatar
Correct, Johnny! Legends field is where the show will be held.
See you there....
winking smiley
Terrence

In reply to # 3657347 by jewar Terry:
Googled the motel,360 view looked like right across from Legends Field? Am I correct.
John

djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
A basic "BritsBest" web page is now available at http://calgarymgclub.org/britsbest.html. At this point, there's not much to it, but we will hopefully have registration open soon.

In the meantime, news and updates will be posted to this thread as they become available.

mulpha Avatar
Attached a web-sized version of our poster for this year!

If you want to PRINT the 2018 poster, download the full sized version here:
http://www.calgarymgclub.org/images/Poster2018huge.png

Cheers!
Terrence

Attachments:
Poster2018.jpg    64.5 KB
Poster2018.jpg

7mg2 Avatar
7mg2 Andrew Hardie
1969 MG MGC GT "Mr "C"
1972 MG Midget MkIII
Details are now finalized for hotels and registration, and our web master will be adding the pertinent details to the web site by March 1 for on line registration.
A downloadable entry form will also be available for those who prefer the “old method” of payment by cheque via the mail.

In the mean time, for INFORMATION ONLY..............

Hotel rates are set at $94/night +tax at one property, and start at $109 + tax at the other ( each room at the inn is different, so each have slightly different rates ). A two night minimum stay is required.
A hot breakfast is included in the rate at each property.

Registration is REQUIRED before booking your room, as the two properties have been block booked for our exclusive use for Friday and Saturday nights. You will be provided with a confirmation number following your registration, and this number will be required to book your room at either of our event hotels in Radium.

Vehicle registration is set at $30 for the first car. A second car can be registered for $15.

Enquiries can certainly be made here in the forum, or sent via email to events@calgarymgclub.org

Looking forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones, in Radium in June.

Andy

NAMGBR# 20-7738
AMGCRA# 1678

djmorris Avatar
djmorris Dave Morris
Calgary, Canada   CAN
BritsBest 2018 registration is now open at http://calgarymgclub.org/britsbest.html!

Who will be the first to sign up?

MGBGTee Avatar
I registered a few minutes ago!

Now if this snow can just start melting so I can start polishing the MGBGTee.

There is an MGB GT somewhere in there...

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 03:10 PM by MGBGTee.

Attachments:
P1060034.JPG    41.8 KB
P1060034.JPG

Swamperca Avatar
Swamperca Swamper CA
-, Nor Cal, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "C-Rod"
1971 MG MGB "Rubee"
1974 MG MGB "Groovy B"
Going to miss you guys at MG 2018. Looks like your going to have a great event there. We stayed a Radium Hot Springs last year on a motorcycle trip. I'd like to return some day, maybe in 2020 when I'm up there again. :-)

mulpha Avatar
Stay tuned! We're hoping to have extra incentive to have you join us in 2020....
winking smiley

In reply to # 3684638 by Swamperca Going to miss you guys at MG 2018. Looks like your going to have a great event there. We stayed a Radium Hot Springs last year on a motorcycle trip. I'd like to return some day, maybe in 2020 when I'm up there again. :-)

rovohn Avatar
rovohn John Walkden
Langley, BC, Canada   CAN
1972 Rover P6
1976 Jensen GT
1977 MG MGB
We're in
John

MGBGTee Avatar
I like your avatar John, it has the same 'look' as my MGB GT after our return trip from Niagara, although I had removed the show plate to improve the aerodynamics and fuel consumption!

See you in June.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

Attachments:
P1020930.JPG    67.3 KB
P1020930.JPG

jewar Avatar
jewar Silver Member John Warlimont
Abbotsford, BC, Canada   CAN
All booked here as well, see you there.
JOhn

mulpha Avatar
Am I first?... dang... sleeping again!
I'm in!

Remember: what happens in Radium, doesn't stay in Radium... we have snap-happy cameras everywhere!

Terrence of Cowtown

http://www.terrencewalters.com/wordpress/74mgb/

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster