AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

djwhite Dave White
west chester, USA   USA
1950 MG TD "-"
Body "pieces"
Body side panels painted don't want to mess them up.

Bracket for the hood latch on wing. Item 12 on the moss catalogue I am trying to attach to the car, is it possible. Silly question of course but ..And,.I have a feeling attaching the hood latch itself may be just as difficult.

Comments/ help appreciated.

Dave-

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
djwhite Dave White
west chester, USA   USA
1950 MG TD "-"
OK, making headway. I worked out the buffer plate positions and manage to get them placed, not an easy task on the forward position.

BUT, the hood latches are a different thing.
If anyone has experience with putting these on would appreciate some advice. I have cleaned them up reasonably well but don't know how tight they should be and exactly how they fit on.

Thanks Dave

djwhite Dave White
west chester, USA   USA
1950 MG TD "-"
Moving along- slowly.
Hood latches not making life easy, maybe I need new, hope not.
I have all the pieces , brackets, buffer plates hood latch. The hood latch is causing me some issues trying to get it set up properly. I cannot get the hood latch positioned properly, it sits in place OK but is really hard to move into position. Would really appreciate any advice, perhaps they are older than they look.
Thanks
Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TD4834 Avatar
TD4834 Bill Chasser
Sacramento, CA, USA   USA
You need to lubricate the slider. Either disassemble and smear a little white grease behind them or squirt motor oil on them. There are also front and rears. This is importatant to get the handles correctly oriented when latch they face rearward.

Cambren Avatar
Cambren Cambren Davis
Hernando Beach, FL, USA   USA
I drilled and tapped a piece of angle iron to back up my LH forward latch plate where it attaches to the wing. It was flexing too much. With the angle iron, you can hold it in position and attach the screws.

The truth is like poetry.........most people hate poetry.

djwhite Dave White
west chester, USA   USA
1950 MG TD "-"
Thanks Cambren and Bill.

I have been unsuccessful getting the latch plate in place on this side of the engine.
I have not taken the generator out yet but don't see how that will give me more room to place the latch plate screws and tighten up.
I managed the other side of the engine by fashioning a wire to hold the screw in place while I tightened up, this time I can't get near it. Was I just lucky !
Any thoughts appreciated.
Dave

PS Cambren I lived in Miami for 15 years and then Tampa for 5.

djwhite Dave White
west chester, USA   USA
1950 MG TD "-"
OK, made it.
Made some "holders" for the bolts out of wire and managed to position the bolts through the holes, bolt threads now facing me and I held then with one hand while putting nuts and washers on. I cut the wires off as short as I could. The wires I didn't cut off helped made a secure attachment for the bolt.
I'll do better next time !!!!
Dave

Paul J Avatar
Locust Grove, OK, USA   USA
On a "blind" screw/bolt with no helper to assist, I've used a padded earth magnet to hold it just to get a nut started, even used painters tape. grinning smiley PJ

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1972 MG MGB GT

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links