aremgb Avatar
aremgb are ATR
., ., Norway   NOR
1953 MG TD "Esmeralda"
1969 MG MGB MkII "44 Year Crisis"
1999 MG MGF
2002 MG TF "TF160"
Hi guyes
Driven my restaured car now for 180 km. Last night when i parked in the garage and turned of the key amp goes all the way Down. now lights on now other Source for consumption.. when i cut the Power to the battery immediaty the amp goes to zero. I have buyed av eletronic regulator that is installed. When i turne the key on the warning light for charging is not turned on.

I belive that the regulator is corrupt and Power is going to the generator thrue the regulator. not good at all ?

Am i on the right track ?

best regards

Are

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
peter14222 Avatar
peter14222 Peter Gilvarry
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 3737196 by aremgb Hi guyes
Driven my restaured car now for 180 km. Last night when i parked in the garage and turned of the key amp goes all the way Down. now lights on now other Source for consumption.. when i cut the Power to the battery immediaty the amp goes to zero. I have buyed av eletronic regulator that is installed. When i turne the key on the warning light for charging is not turned on.

I belive that the regulator is corrupt and Power is going to the generator thrue the regulator. not good at all ?

Am i on the right track ?

best regards

Are

Is this immediately after installing the electronic regulator? If so, check connections.

If it has worked in the past, a bad regulator.

Either way, not good!

Peter

aremgb Avatar
aremgb are ATR
., ., Norway   NOR
1953 MG TD "Esmeralda"
1999 MG MGF
2002 MG TF "TF160"
it has been functional for 2 to 3 hours before this happening.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
peter14222 Avatar
peter14222 Peter Gilvarry
Buffalo, NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 3737203 by aremgb it has been functional for 2 to 3 hours before this happening.

If you did not change anything probably a bad regulator, or a connection came loose.

Robert H Gold Member Robert Harvey
Wichita, KS, USA   USA
1951 MG TD "Millicent Grace (Millie)"
Sounds like a bad regulator, but it could also be a short circuit to ground somewhere.

aremgb Avatar
aremgb are ATR
., ., Norway   NOR
1953 MG TD "Esmeralda"
1999 MG MGF
2002 MG TF "TF160"
It was a bad regulator.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster