MG TA Smiths clock.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

prharris25 Paul Harris
Hampshire, UK   GBR
Does anybody have a picture that they could send me of the reverse of the TA tachometer showing the Smiths wind up clock in place ?

I have recently acquired what I believe to be the correct clock but as I have a replica rev counter, I have no idea of the fitting arrangements.

I will also need a new dial without the painted on hands if anybody knows a source of these.

Many thanks.

Paul.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Paul J Avatar
Locust Grove, OK, USA   USA
Paul, try contacting various instrument repair stations in the UK, there are quite a few and you might get lucky, or possibly a TA owner might pop up and get a photo of the back of his panel. I would assume there would be more TAs on your side of the pond. PJ

MRoadster Avatar
MRoadster Gold Member Jim Wulf
Doylestown, PA, USA   USA
1938 MG TA Tickford "The TA"
1963 Ford Thunderbird "The M Car"
1967 MG MGB MkI "The B"
In reply to # 3696323 by prharris25 Does anybody have a picture that they could send me of the reverse of the TA tachometer showing the Smiths wind up clock in place ?

I have recently acquired what I believe to be the correct clock but as I have a replica rev counter, I have no idea of the fitting arrangements.

I will also need a new dial without the painted on hands if anybody knows a source of these.

Many thanks.

Paul.

Maybe this will help? The label also shows the name of the clock rebuilder that may be able to supply the dial.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Tickford Tach & Clock_rear.jpg    56.6 KB
Tickford Tach & Clock_rear.jpg

Tpss Tim Parrott
Stroud, gloucestershire, UK   GBR
Not sure that John Marks at Vintage Restorations is still doing these commercially. He declined to do mine. I had them done by The Gauge Shop - alandavis@thegaugeshop.com and some three years later I have got them installed and working. He did get new dials screen printed for me.

I hesitate to recommend him as his after sales service is abysmal plus his mobile phone does not work in his workshop. He did not return the securing screws for the cable to pinion connection on either instrument and kept the one I supplied. After many calls and e-mails I have been completely ignored. Fortunately Doug Pelton provided the screws, in fact From the Frame Up should be your first point of contact. I have also seen the dial stickers on e-bay so may be Moss has some.

Jim - your car is immaculate inside as well as out!

Tim Parrott

prharris25 Paul Harris
Hampshire, UK   GBR
Many thanks for your help and advice chaps. Very grateful.

Looks like getting hold of the clock was the easy bit !

Paul.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster