AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

usmc1994 Avatar
usmc1994 Ron Deckard
White Heath, IL, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "BASIL"
Im interested in installing a V8 in an MGB anyone done this. What did you install and what trans and rear end did you use

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mooser01 Avatar
mooser01 Silver Member George C
Big Sky Country, MT, USA   USA
Ron,
There's a ton of info in the MG Engine Swap Form in the Form List on this site.
or www.britishv8.org has a wealth of information.
My conversion is a Rover 3.9 with a Rover LT77 gear box with a Chevy S10 rear end.
There are many combinations to choose from each with their own pro/con.
Once they're on the road a V8 conversion is a real thrill. The V6 isn't too shabby either.
George

mowog1 Avatar
mowog1 Gold Member Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, IL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"    & more
In reply to # 3737129 by usmc1994 Im interested in installing a V8 in an MGB anyone done this. What did you install and what trans and rear end did you use

Ron...you live really close to Pete Mantell and me. (we are about 10 miles east of Champaign)

You are welcome to come by and visit our shoppes and talk V8.

V8 conversions is Pete's specialty at Mantell Motorsport in Sidney (IL)

And I concur.....visit the photo gallery at http://www.britishv8,org It will help you in many ways.

1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
59mgaguy Avatar
59mgaguy John Terschak
Wakeman, OH, USA   USA
1930 Ford Model A "Jenny"
1959 MG 14/28 "Jessie"
1974 MG MGB "Oooops"
Dear Uncle Sam's Miss Guided Child,

2X with Rick and George and an added bit of info. You made the mistake of posting in Buy,Sell, & Trade. you should have gone into MGB & GT or MG engine swap. An easy mistake to make.

John
U.S.N.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
billgknapp Avatar
billgknapp Silver Member Bill Knapp
Rochester, MI, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB "Nigel"
Hi Ron,

Welcome to the Dark Side. You will love having a V8 MGB. It's a lot of work, both the initial install and all of the tweaking it takes to get it sorted out. I have a Rover 3.5 liter with a bunch of Buick 215 internals (crank, connecting rods, etc.), with a Borg Warner "T5" 5-speed transmission from a V8 Camaro, and the rear end from an MGC (3.31:1 ratio). My advice to you would be to first, decide what you are aiming for. Is it all-out power, something with an MG tradition attached to it, drivability, fuel economy (really?!)? The Buick-Olds-Pontiac-Rover (BOPR) are almost exactly the same engines, with many parts interchangable. There were early modifications (Ken Costello) and factory V8s in MGB GTs based on this engine. There are more modern choices, such as the Ford 302, as Rick Ingram mentions. There are many people who are very experienced and helpful (Glenn Towery and Mark LaGrue for the BOPRs and Pete Mantell for the 302). Talk to them and get to know them. Enjoy the journey, and ask questions from us all as you go.

fixdcay Avatar
fixdcay Marc Gottlieb
Levittown, NY, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT
1974 Triumph TR6
1979 MG MGB V8 Conversion ~ For Sale ! ~
I've had so many combinations of MGB V8 from the Olds and Buick 215 to my current 4.6. Tranny's from the T5 to TT77.

Find one done and then customize and debug to your specs. Feel free to call my cell 631-988-5087 before 11PM ET and I'll give you my 2 cents.

Marc

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
Here's ya a very nice one ready to go.

https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?42,3736960

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster