Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

miatadon Avatar
miatadon Silver Member Don Scott
Calistoga, CA, USA   USA
There are times when I look at my MGs, and how much work they always need, that I just want to dump 'em all, and drive my old (17 to 29 years old) Japanese cars. My '92 Integra GS-R was resting in a carport for about six months, and I just started 'er up. Brakes weren't locked up, rubber pieces hadn't cracked, electrical parts were still working. As much as I love my old MGs, if it wasn't for nostalgia and friendships, I would jettison the MGs.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sprite Lou Avatar
Sprite Lou Platinum Member Lou A.
Springfield, OR, USA   USA
Robert my good friend....

No, I'm not disappearing completely... just need to be less active in the hobby for now.

I've made too many extremely close, deep, personal relationships on here to completely walk away. That's what this hobby does to many of us and I'm proud that it's infested my soul like many others.

And you don't know the half of it - Wayne couldn't be more of a big brother to me that if we shared DNA -- his fingerprints are all over that car's restoration too.... he's honestly the ONLY person I ever wanted to own that GT if it wasn't me.

He's gonna drive it like he stole it (cuz he promised he would!) so I'm sure you'll all continue to see a lot of it!

In reply to # 3735775 by EmgesMG Sorry you're taking off Lou but life and priorities change, good luck and hopefully you'll still check in now and then. You couldn't have picked a better custodian for your beautiful GT!

RIP Peter Cummins
RIP John D. Weimer
RIP Mick McGuire

Denny B. Avatar
Denny B. Gold Member Denny Brodbeck
Ocala, FL, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
I'm gonna miss your Avatar!

I wish I knew as much today as I did when I was 18........

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member" (Groucho Marx)

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the more you pull off the faster it goes" (unknown)

“Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” -John Wayne

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sprite Lou Avatar
Not leaving this forum Denny... and niether is Jen! smileys with beer

In reply to # 3736373 by Denny B. I'm gonna miss your Avatar!

RIP Peter Cummins
RIP John D. Weimer
RIP Mick McGuire

tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
Lou what ever you are going to do have FUN ! Miss seeing another Oregon member leaving us.

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3736380 by Sprite Lou Not leaving this forum Denny... and niether is Jen! smileys with beer

Glad to hear. For both of you. thumbs up

Sprite Lou Avatar
Not completely leaving the forum Jack.... there are WAY too many close, personal, deep friendships I've made and cherish here...

In reply to # 3736589 by tampaguy Lou what ever you are going to do have FUN ! Miss seeing another Oregon member leaving us.

RIP Peter Cummins
RIP John D. Weimer
RIP Mick McGuire

Sprite Lou Avatar
Thanks Robert... I'm not completely leaving this forum much less leaving the incredible, close personal friendships I've made here.

I'll be lurking around still. :-)

In reply to # 3735775 by EmgesMG Sorry you're taking off Lou but life and priorities change, good luck and hopefully you'll still check in now and then. You couldn't have picked a better custodian for your beautiful GT!

RIP Peter Cummins
RIP John D. Weimer
RIP Mick McGuire

Sprite Lou Avatar
*SOLD*

RIP Peter Cummins
RIP John D. Weimer
RIP Mick McGuire

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster