AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

roadster65 Avatar
roadster65 gavin vincent
Sydney, Australia   AUS
Hi All,

Looking to acquire Overdrive Relay and Vacuum Switch for 3 sync overdrive gearbox. - see pics below

Prefer NOS ; although used in good condition would still be okay.

Many Thanks - GV

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
MGB - MKI Overdrive Relay & Vacuum Switch (1).jpg    74.9 KB
MGB - MKI Overdrive Relay & Vacuum Switch (1).jpg

MGB - MKI Overdrive Relay & Vacuum Switch (2).jpg    59.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
MGB - MKI Overdrive Relay & Vacuum Switch (3).jpg    43.3 KB
MGB - Overdrive Relay Switch - Early Lucas 6RA, 33213. (2).jpg    31.2 KB
Etype728 Avatar
Etype728 Gold Member Jon Waldron
Richardson, TX, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Iris"
We have three NOS vacuum switches and can dig around for a relay at the shop I work at.

Kip Motors
2127 Crown Rd.
Dallas, Texas 75229
972-243-0440

Regards, Jon

zebramg Avatar
zebramg Gold Member bill wingard
Pell City, AL, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT
I have a relay. Just can't decide whether to turn loose. Let me think about it. Are you in bad need? Bill

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
miatadon Avatar
miatadon Silver Member Don Scott
Calistoga, CA, USA   USA
What do these typically sell for?

roadster65 Avatar
roadster65 gavin vincent
Sydney, Australia   AUS
Hello Jon

Am extremely grateful of the offer.

Part way through completion of concours refurbishment to #2041 and have slightly deviated from factory in replacing the standard 3 sync box with a 3 sync over-drive box.

Attach two pics of #2041 (a) at workshop prior to nut & bolt strip down and (b) as is currently part completed.

Will send a PM; Many Thanks - Gavin

In reply to # 3700969 by Etype728 We have three NOS vacuum switches and can dig around for a relay at the shop I work at.

Kip Motors
2127 Crown Rd.
Dallas, Texas 75229
972-243-0440

Regards, Jon

Attachments:
MGB - YGHN3-2041 (5).jpg    43.9 KB
MGB - YGHN3-2041 (5).jpg

car 28.JPG    29.5 KB
roadster65 Avatar
roadster65 gavin vincent
Sydney, Australia   AUS
Hi Bill

Thanks for the offer, very much appreciated.

Car is undergoing nut and bolt "freshen-up" and have attached 2 pics of car in above post

No great pressing need of immediacy, but hoping to acquire when available.

Kindest Regards - Gavin

In reply to # 3700983 by zebramg I have a relay. Just can't decide whether to turn loose. Let me think about it. Are you in bad need? Bill

mgtacar Avatar
mgtacar Gold Member Steve Kaufman
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
I have a relay too. If the others don't materialize, let me know. It is a good used original.

roadster65 Avatar
roadster65 gavin vincent
Sydney, Australia   AUS
Thanks Steve,

I'll keep that in mind; will send you a PM

Kind Regards - Gavin

In reply to # 3701169 by mgtacar I have a relay too. If the others don't materialize, let me know. It is a good used original.

Interceptor Avatar
Interceptor Mike Brand
Shenandoah Valley, VA, USA   USA
1955 MG TF 1500 "The TF"
1956 Volvo TP21 "Sugga"
1963 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "401K"
1967 MG MGB GT "The GT"    & more
Gavin,
I saw this...and remembered you were looking for stuff.

MGB Overdrive Vacuum Switch, 1962-1967 - $60 (Whiteville, NC)

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/pts/d/mgb-overdrive-vacuum-switch/6537882853.html

roadster65 Avatar
roadster65 gavin vincent
Sydney, Australia   AUS
Hi Mike

Thanks for alerting me to this listing.

I'm unfamiliar with how Craigs List works, however have sent an email to the seller. See what comes of it.

Hoping to hear back from Jon Waldron soon also

Best Regards - GV

In reply to # 3702239 by Interceptor Gavin,
I saw this...and remembered you were looking for stuff.

MGB Overdrive Vacuum Switch, 1962-1967 - $60 (Whiteville, NC)

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/pts/d/mgb-overdrive-vacuum-switch/6537882853.html

miatadon Avatar
miatadon Silver Member Don Scott
Calistoga, CA, USA   USA
Gavin,
Sorry, but I saw that ad shortly after it was posted and contacted the fellow with the switch yesterday, and told him I wanted to buy it. I just spoke with him on the phone today and confirmed the purchase.
Don

roadster65 Avatar
roadster65 gavin vincent
Sydney, Australia   AUS
Hi Don

Congrats on the purchase; lucky fellow being able to call local.

Best Regards - GV

In reply to # 3702394 by miatadon Gavin,
Sorry, but I saw that ad shortly after it was posted and contacted the fellow with the switch yesterday, and told him I wanted to buy it. I just spoke with him on the phone today and confirmed the purchase.
Don

tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
What a gentleman Gavin is !

chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
Amazing! I looked for a year for this set up and had no response until one day in the mail, a package showed up with a NOS unit. The sender wanted nothing for it. NOS unobtainium for karma points. Good luck with your hunt!

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
roadster65 Avatar
roadster65 gavin vincent
Sydney, Australia   AUS
Thanks Guy's

We're on a Quest, as "Donkey" would say, although I'll have to admit to being an ass.

The car was in pretty good condition, prior to making the decision to give it a nut and bolt "refresh" the thinking being the car will never be sold.

Long story short, car was paced into the shop with someone who I'd know for sometime and was well renowned for quality workmanship, a stickler for authenticity, and cars he had rebuilt had won the National Concours for nearly ten years in succession.

Well, the business got sold part way through the resto and the new "owner" had, shall we say different standards, or more to the point, the staff dropped their standards.

As you can see from the above pics, the splash pan in the wheel arch has not been painted, and this is only the tip of the iceberg as to the slippage of workmanship, parts like NOS Grill went :missing" which I suspected ended up on another car; I never did get one back, the inside of the doors weren't painted, and the spare OD 3sync gear-box was left languishing in the workshop corner and the drive shaft started to rust, how hard would it have been to wrap this with an oily rag. End result we pulled the car out and have to restart with an "incomplete" car.

My biggest challenge is replacing all the parts that are missing with NOS, and this is not easy, the car being an early MKI Pull Handle (1964) with factory fitted 5 Brg Motor.

Thanks for the support - GV

In reply to # 3708302 by tampaguy What a gentleman Gavin is !

In reply to # 3708487 by chris Amazing! I looked for a year for this set up and had no response until one day in the mail, a package showed up with a NOS unit. The sender wanted nothing for it. NOS unobtainium for karma points. Good luck with your hunt!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster