55 TF looking for a new home [Idaho, USA]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lmc2018 Lori McAfee
Boise, ID, USA   USA
I have my Dad's 55 TF and fully intended to drive it and enjoy it - but the old car gods have not been smiling on me. On my last 'take it out for a spin' drive she blew a freeze plug and is now sitting with her head removed and with me not able to dedicate the time needed to keep her running and happy. I need to find her a loving hand and a roaming heart to put her back together and get her on the road again. She is full of great memories and it will be very hard to let her go, but it is in her best interests. Photos can be seen here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/L1jmxtv7EvkiRhh82. I can be reached via this site and would be happy to discuss her condition and other details with seriously interested MG lovers.

Thanks! Lori

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
Looks like a great car. Just rough enough to enjoy without worry and good looking enough to be proud of.. Good luck with the sale..

Gary

novakfamily Avatar
novakfamily Joe Novak
plantsville, CT, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB "Timothy"
Please provide the price for this vehicle. Thank you.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
PM sent.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
mgtf-1500 IAN GAIL
Fort Mill, SC, USA   USA
Hello there, This could be my fifth TF 1500. How much are you looking for? Best wishes, IAN.

lmc2018 Lori McAfee
Boise, ID, USA   USA
Ian,

That sounds exciting! I believe it is worth around $20k. You must love them too!
Lori

lmc2018 Lori McAfee
Boise, ID, USA   USA
I believe it is worth about $20k

lmc2018 Lori McAfee
Boise, ID, USA   USA
I believe it is worth about $20k.

mgtf-1500 IAN GAIL
Fort Mill, SC, USA   USA
Hello again, As you can imagine, having already had four TD 1500's, I know these cars very well. Your $20,000 price is WAY too much for its current condition so I'm out. Best wishes, IAN.

lmc2018 Lori McAfee
Boise, ID, USA   USA
Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you change your mind and want to discuss

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
an unknown engine condition with the head off, and parts where??

chris Avatar
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3698675 by wyatt an unknown engine condition with the head off, and parts where??
And unrestored.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
You might get closer to your price if you put it together and made it a proven runner. Otherwise it is a ran when parked...

Gary

chris Avatar
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3699051 by Gary E You might get closer to your price if you put it together and made it a proven runner. Otherwise it is a ran when parked...

And with a blown freeze plug, who knows how hot the engine got?

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
exactly.......

In reply to # 3699271 by chris
In reply to # 3699051 by Gary E You might get closer to your price if you put it together and made it a proven runner. Otherwise it is a ran when parked...

And with a blown freeze plug, who knows how hot the engine got?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster