Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BBMGTDMKll Brandon Butler
Waukesha, WI, USA   USA
A Little History on this 1951 MGTD Mark II:

This 1951 MGTD Mark II was purchased from F40 Motor Sports back in January of 2005 and delivered to Wisconsin. It has only see sun and never driven in the winter months. The car had a complete frame off restoration back in 1993 (approximate completion appears to be January). There is a book with all the photos of the restoration in progress. The restorer was Eagle Restorations in Newport News, VA. During my 13 years of loving ownership, I've painstakingly searched and found four Andrex shocks that were not on the vehicle when I purchased it, in order complete its Mark II status. I had the engine rebuilt for no reason other than to add the new performance cam and larger pistons (I also wanted to insure I'd have no problem on long trips). The chrome is bright and not pitted. Interior is in excellent shape, carpet is in excellent shape with new MG floor mats. The paint is starting to show a bit of its age and there are a few blemishes and chips. The side windows are there and in good condition. The top is in great shape. All gauges and electrical works.

This car has been invited to the Milwaukee Masterpiece/Milwaukee Concurs d' Elegance three times. This Mark II took People's Choice in 2005. However, to be clear this is not a Concours car, it is an excellent driver that was invited to fill the field and represent the mark. In addition, the MGTD has been invited to show at the Gathering on the Green in Elkhart Lake and has won multiple First Place awards at British Car Field Days here in Wisconsin in the TC/TD/TF class. In April 2008, it appeared in Collectible Automobile on page 13 for the article titled 1950-53 MG TD: Good Sport.

History of a 1951 MGTD Mark II:

In 1951, there were 7,451 MGTD models produced of that production, 4,988 were exported to the United States. Of the 4,988, only 467 were Mark II versions (There were only 1,710 Mark II’s ever produced). A genuine Mark II model can be identified by its chassis number Prefix: TD/C. The TD/C is to indicate the TD Competition version. The competition versions had 1 1/2 in H4 carbs and manifold (as opposed to the 1 ¼ in on the standard TD), dual fuel pumps and Andrex Shocks. In 1953, Mark II badging was also added to the Mark II’s. On this Mark II, the second fuel pump is not currently installed as it was removed during restoration. I will supply the pump and bracket to the new owner.

It's been an excellent car and has given me very little trouble. While it is difficult to part with this MG, I'm thinking of moving on to another sports car and there is just not enough room in my garage for all these cars.

Please send me an email or PM me to discuss if you are interested. I can send additional photos if required.

I would like $21,000 for the car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-11 07:04 PM by BBMGTDMKll.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

6849D9F9-877F-4DD2-8E98-2E786728BC1A.jpeg    31.7 KB

3E4489E1-3464-40D3-B496-B08E6038FE54.jpg    42.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
3709E82C-5FF9-4526-829F-74B64D66D14F.jpg    49.8 KB
BF0F4580-60F9-4CC0-A07F-D12D9400D04A.jpg    45.5 KB
tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
Beautiful car ! My friend has one too !

3D7222D5-10DE-4715-A6F2-6774509C43B4.jpeg    52.3 KB

GILMGA Silver Member Gil Dupre
1962 MG MGA
1974 MG MGB GT
Can I drive it to Tennessee?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
29desoto Avatar
29desoto Gold Member Wayne Sanders
Outside Otis, OR - in the woods!, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
1965 MG MGB V6 Conversion "Carmine"
1968 MG MGB GT "New Yeller"
1977 MG MGB "Ole Yeller" ~ For Sale ! ~    & more
And you'd look good doing 52 MPH down the interstate! You'd for sure look good!

Mine doesn't quite look like that. OK, no where near! And it still looks good on me!

In reply to # 3696468 by GILMGA Can I drive it to Tennessee?

Wayne Sanders
Rose Lodge, OR
(TD 4288)

"I don't care to belong to any club that accepts people like me"-joined Willamette Valley Club in 2011

77 MGB - Four tone paint -Pertronix - hood props - cheap tires - new springs all around - mixture of poly and rubber bushings- fuzzy seatcovers - stereo out of old F150 pickup -runs flawlessly and drives nice.

78 MGB - Done right by a good PO, and I only bought it. Tell Jim how nice it is. But I did put in a Datsun 5 speed.

53 TD Mark II - a work in progress.

79/65 MGB - Carmine- V-6 - T-5
This car is now very nearly completely done. Sure to find something else, but not now.........

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster