MG Engine Swaps Forum

Rare MGB GT V8 for sale in the UK...

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Simon Austin Avatar
This should be posted in the BST forum but most wouldn’t get it.

http://www.v8register.net/DD/180609-MGBGTV8-Police-White-0112-MB2.pdf

"Speed costs........how fast you want to spend?"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rficalora Avatar
rficalora ROB FICALORA
Willis, TX, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB V8 Conversion "MG MUTT"
Cool piece of history Simon!

Simon Austin Avatar
Cool indeed, Rob. If I had a spare £26K, I’d be interested. smiling smiley

"Speed costs........how fast you want to spend?"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Cornfgl Avatar
Cornfgl Graham Cornford
Bellville, TX, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB GT V8 "Goose Poop"
I cannot speak of this vehicle's present condition, and I am not suggesting that it is any different from when I first came across it, but I was a Sussex Police Traffic Officer in the early '70's based at Polegate, East Sussex. My Inspector at that time was George Wootton who was quoted in the "full history of the ex police demonstrator" article. I had the pleasure of driving this car to evaluate it for about 7 days.

At that time, we ran 1800cc 4 cylinder MGB's. I can tell you that it went like a scalded cat compared to the other vehicles we used as patrol cars, namely Vauxhall Ventora, 3.3 st 6, Ford Granada, 3.0 V6, and Triumph 2.5 PI's. The car was nothing short of phenomenal, it's only downside was if you were double manned and had a prisoner to be transported, you had to call a 4 seater vehicle.

My understanding was that Sussex Police did not purchase any V8 MGB's as they were considered too fast, and they thought that police officers could seriously injure themselves, or worse, whilst driving such a powerful vehicle.

The only thing I can see, that is different with when I knew the vehicle, was that there was no ordinary radio fitted, and the police radio, a Pye, was fitted within the radio console.

Having driven this car, and enjoyed it so much, was the reason why in 1976, I purchased my one and only MG, Goose Poop, a Tundra 1974 MGB GT V8 that I still have to this day, and I still believe that there is no other better car for me, thus it now resides in Texas to where we emigrated in 2006.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-13 07:33 PM by Cornfgl.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster