AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

slightly modified Avatar
slightly modified Silver Member Chuck Royer
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "SLIGHTLY MODIFIED"
New Hood Scoop, it looks large but has only 3/4" above air cleaner, from Unlimited Products, very inexpensive (kinda looks it), will do for now. Will be putting a new master cylinder (have), rear gears (have 3.55s-3.73s) probably go with the 3.55s and with the gears put ARP wheel studs in (already have in fronts), to be ready for this years adventures.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
hood scoop 001.JPG    18.4 KB
hood scoop 001.JPG

hood scoop 002.JPG    31 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
billymgb1000 Avatar
billymgb1000 Silver Member william gaulin
harrisville, harrisville RI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "Sweet Thing"
Hello Chuck, I need a hood scoop too. and the first one I went with was open in the front also, and after getting caught in a couple of unexpected rain showers I said that's enough of that crap. I never intend on driving my car in the rain but living close to the ocean sometimes they blow through even when the weather person says" no rain today " lol. anyways I got sick of hanging up my air filter to dry. When I redid my car I went with a cowl scoop. Now I'm going back to the garage to fill the wood stove and work on my bigger master and 4 link rear suspension.

Attachments:
100_1971.JPG    51.2 KB
100_1971.JPG

100_1590.JPG    54.8 KB
100_2130.JPG    64.5 KB
ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
And your turn signalswinking smiley

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
slightly modified Avatar
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
Rob C., are you psychic, on my way home last nite my left rear turn signal bulb went out (1157) have replacement, will replace next time I drive it. William G., I had the new scoop on backwards at first, just looked funkier then it does forward, with no inner front fenderwells I don't even drive my "B" when the ground is moist, I know eventually I will get caught by the weather though, just seems it has to happen.

britcars Avatar
britcars Phil Ossinger
Fredericton, NB, Canada   CAN
Check out this one. Dave Craddock makes some very high quality stuff.

http://www.preformresources.com/MGB-Body-Parts.htm

Adventure before Dementia.
The older you get, the more important it is not to act your age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 10:32 PM by britcars.

slightly modified Avatar
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
Thanks Phil, I would really like to have Dave's Hood, he sent me the specs. and it's 3/4" too short, I've a Holley StripDominator intake that's port matched to my ported heads, I have thought about his hood with a GT350 scoop I already have, just balking at buying that great looking hood and cutting a hole in it.

kerbau53 Avatar
kerbau53 Gold Member Geoff Morton
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB V8 Conversion "The Wreck"
Didn't the old Mitsubishi Eclipse have a hood bump that might be graftable onto your hood?

slightly modified Avatar
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
Remount-cheap scoop is slightly lopsided-much better now-repaint next week-pictures

Attachments:
hood 2 002.JPG    54.2 KB
hood 2 002.JPG

hood 2 003.JPG    51 KB
40indianss don foote
2walla wa, USA   USA
Just a thought about this scoop. Might it have been more visually pleasing if it was turned around so the taper matched the lines of the hood and also pulled air from the area at the windscreen/cowl? May be more subtle that way. Just wondering

slightly modified Avatar
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
I wondered too, Don F., had it on backwards first, then forward, then backwards, just liked forward better. Think I'm going to get another used steel hood, then try a couple different things on this one until I find the look I like, have Chevy cowl, a small snorkle, and my Fabricator wants to make me one. This will work for now but I think there's definitely a better look out there.

billgknapp Avatar
billgknapp Silver Member Bill Knapp
Rochester, MI, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB "Nigel"
Hey Chuck,

I think that scoop will look good once it's painted.

I ended up going with the Preform RV8 cowl induction hood. Solved my hood clearance issues but I have the Edelbrock intake. Gotta fabricate the cold air induction from the cowl this Spring.

Attachments:
hood.jpg    59.3 KB
hood.jpg

billymgb1000 Avatar
billymgb1000 Silver Member william gaulin
harrisville, harrisville RI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "Sweet Thing"
Yes Bill That sure is beautiful.

slightly modified Avatar
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
I really do like those cowl induction hoods-do think one would look great with a GT350 hood scoop (1 5/8" tall) (have from previous engine-edelbrock intake) on it (that would work with my intake set-up). Yours looks awesome Bill K. P.S-my carb. clears the bottom of my hood by less then a 1/4", have a very small but functional air cleaner with a K&N flow through top, the base of it is above the hood.

1744 Avatar
1744 Gold Member Bill Guzman
CA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT "Renegade I GT"
1974 MG MGB "Renegade"
Looks great Chuck. It is tasteful

It is our attitude that will determine the outcome

Member Services:
MG Classic Conversions V6. Wilwood brake dealer.
slightly modified Avatar
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
Thanks Bill G.---Tasteful is a word I've never heard directed towards my "B" before.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster