AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

scott68B Avatar
scott68B Scott Costanzo
Central, OH, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "GM 5.3 LS4 V8"
Gary,

You're going to have one sweet ride when you get it done in spite of it being a Ford! smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
Beverly Hills, FL, USA   USA
Scott,
Flattery will get you nowhere, come to think of it......Chevy power won't get ya'll too far eithersmiling bouncing smiley

Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
Reinstalled engine to check final clearance at firewall patches and pedal box, looks good.

And Today's Chuckle,
My Focus ST engine harness arrived today, when I opened the box this was the label that was attached to the harness,

well, yeah......

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1020998.JPG    47 KB
P1020998.JPG

P1030006.JPG    45.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
BryanRVA Bryan Gerrells
Midlothian, VA, USA   USA
That's funny. They didn't know how correct they were with that sticker spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 08:13 AM by BryanRVA.

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kinggsport, TN, USA   USA
It doesn't look like it in the pic, but the bonnet hinge actually does clear the accelerator housing?

Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
Hinge clears with 1 1/2" to sparesmiling smiley
Back of intake to firewall is close though, about 1/2" clearance.

1744 Avatar
1744 Gold Member Bill Guzman
CA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT "Renegade I GT"
1974 MG MGB "Renegade"

Member Services:
MG Classic Conversions V6. Wilwood brake dealer.
ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
The 350/290 is $2400 and without small chamber heads.

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
Hey, hey,
This project is a bowtie free zonespinning smiley sticking its tongue outangry smileyXsmiling bouncing smiley

TVR Scott Scott Noble
Denver, CO, USA   USA
I'm working on a similar swap and have run into a few issues.

Just bought a throttle body, and it doesn't want to work with the new intake manifold that came with the N/S Orientation kit. You have a picture of how you mounted yours? Did you have to sand off a little of the manifold?

What fuel pump and regulator are you using?

Thanks!
Scott

Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
Hi Scott,
I haven't installed the TB yet but it matches perfectly with the N-S intake manifold. My engine is a 2014 Fusion, stock TB.
Still working on engine compartment, making brackets to install Honda/Mitsu alternator on right side of engine above turbo.
Fuel pump & regulator are down the road a bit but it will be a mounted in the tank.
Gary

Zimm Avatar
Zimm Scott Zimmermann
Pittsburgh, PA, USA   USA
I'm looking forward to reading about 100+ pounds off the front and this much HP. Ought to be a blast.

Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
I'm looking forward to it more than you can imagine but it's going to be awhile. The car is losing more than 100 lbs off the front end after removing the front rubber bumper, I had to cut away the bumper mounting rails to fit the intercooler in the grill opening.
Update pics coming shortly.
Gary

TVR Scott Scott Noble
Denver, CO, USA   USA
Gary, did you get your engine harness installed? Did you remove about half of it???

I got my new harness, and it seems to have a lot of body-side connectors or something. I don't have the Control Pack yet, but it looks like that only has one big multi-pin connector. So I'm guessing the others on the engine harness are body-related and can be removed.

Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
Scott,
No, I haven't installed the new harness yet. I do have the Control Pack and the included instructions clearly state what wires/plugs are used and what plugs need to be cut or eliminated.

You can download the Ford Performance Instructions here to give you a better idea how to proceed,

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6017-20T

Gary

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 MG Magnette ZB Varitone

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links