Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
love working with that bedliner stuff, so versatile, looks good clearcoated kinda like powder coating but way better......as long as you like black.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
valve train is in but needs to be adjusted, spent some time painting parts, cleaning parts so its already for final assembly. my body is shot really need a day off. some fotos to see and a mock up of my color combo.

Attachments:
IMG_2199.JPG    63.5 KB
IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG    45.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2203.JPG    55 KB
IMG_2205.JPG    37.2 KB
theonlyiceman53 Avatar
theonlyiceman53 Bill Russell
FL, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Frankenstien"
1977 MG MGB "Wicked"
Looks great! It should run as good as it looks!

I look forward to reading about your progress and it's always the first blog I look at!
Cheers,
Bill

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
thank you Bill I think the color combo on the engine suits the theme of the car.....does take a little getting used to, but it does pop. the trick will be getting it all into the car and keeping it all pretty, gonna get some help wen the time comes. been doin some experimentin with hammertone paint, me like. it does not show well in fotos but its makes certain things look good, like the water pump and crank pullys [fotos to follow]. a little creativity with paint goes a long way wen you work on a budget, besides........chrome only looks good on a motorbike, in my opinion, and paint does not rust like chrome does.

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"

billymgb1000 Avatar
billymgb1000 Silver Member william gaulin
harrisville, harrisville RI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "Sweet Thing"
Love it " Floats like a butterfly stings like a V8 MGB "

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
heres a few hammer tone fotos, alittle hard to see but youll get it

Attachments:
IMG_2206.JPG    49.2 KB
IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG    41.8 KB
IMG_2211.JPG    50.3 KB
IMG_2207.JPG    57.4 KB
rficalora Avatar
rficalora ROB FICALORA
Willis, TX, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB V8 Conversion "MG MUTT"
They came out nice; appear powder coated.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
valves are adjusted, engine is oil primed [60 psi @ 1200 rpm drill speed],distributor is in and set up to start. intake is on, valve covers etc. the motor is DONE!!!!! some fotos to see.

Attachments:
IMG_2213.JPG    59.4 KB
IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG    61 KB
IMG_2215.JPG    59.7 KB
IMG_2216.JPG    56.5 KB
madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
next to come is some creative plumming on the intake manifold so the rear two cylinders get better cooling, ill explain later........thanks for watching.

theonlyiceman53 Avatar
FL, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB
1977 MG MGB "Wicked"
Looks Awesome!!!!!

mjoeb Avatar
mjoeb joe doornenbal
scio, OR, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB "Magdalene"
That sure looks like the SBC that I have in my 95 caprice wagon, it maybe going into an MGB or MGA someday. joe

theonlyiceman53 Avatar
FL, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB
1977 MG MGB "Wicked"
You can't go wrong with a SBC. They're easy to put in and they run like a scalded dog. The first one I put in I just used a BFH and a welder to get it in. Absolutely nothing fancy. It was a blast to drive even though it was a little 283. 350/383 are tough to beat. I went crazy and put a BBC in one but it wasn't that much fun to drive. It's a lot better with a little 350. I'm still putting together the new 454 to replace the blown up one and I'll not be in a hurry to replace that 350 that's in there now. That engine bay looks gigantic with that little 350 in it.
Cheers,
Bill

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
thanks guys, but now onto explaining my intake modification.........these early vortec motors run hot for emission reasons. how this is accomplished is by a few things, smaller water holes in the head gaskets and there is no rear water crossover from the back of the heads to the water pump. so wut I did was.........opened the holes in the head gaskets to a concervitive 7/16 and drilled and tapped the rear of the intake manifold [newer intakes have these holes] and ran a water line to the front water passage directly feedinding the water pump. this mod I'm geusstimating will let the motor run at least 20* cooler, ill find out soon enough. heres fotos of my modification.

Attachments:
IMG_2221.JPG    48.1 KB
IMG_2221.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG    38.7 KB
IMG_2223.JPG    56 KB
IMG_2227.JPG    46.3 KB
madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
the old motor ran at 190-200* so I have a way to compare if this all works, no matter wut the 2 rear cylindres are definatly gonna run cooler

Attachments:
IMG_2226.JPG    48.3 KB
IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG    49.2 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster