OEM Windscreen.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tomzah Thomas Para
West Chester, OH, USA   USA
Could someone advise on what windscreen was oem on a Midget.
I received a real pos with heavy wiper scratches and it is made by a company called Shat - R - Proof
I am trying to get my money back as it was sold to me as being factory original.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
glass8.jpg    31.2 KB
glass8.jpg

76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
What year? I have 2 of the late 70 rubber bumper cars. Both have triplex glass. Has far has I can tell triplex was the oem glass for all mg's. Of course if I am wrong someone will chime in shortly. Regardless if they sold it has a good glass and it came damaged then you should be refunded. If the seller wants to blame the shipper it is their duty to persue the claim not yours. Don't let them tell you that since you accepted it they don't have to make it right. You may however have to prove that it was damaged before you got it. If there is a picture of it from before you brought it the bad places might be visible in them.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

tomzah Thomas Para
West Chester, OH, USA   USA
Thanks for the info. After a a hour of googling I found the company and they only sold glass as aftermarket.
It was a Ebay seller that shipped the poor quailty wiper rashed glass to me.
He said it was a mistake on his part. So hopefully he will make good on his offer to send triplexxx glass.
I have had my 1978 Midget for 35 yrs and cracked the windscreen pushing it out of the garage by the top of the frame.
Dumb.... I know.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
It happens. In case you ever need to get another Moss sells the triplex glass it ain't cheap but it is right and it fits. And welcome to the fun. I am always happy to see another RB car. Toss up some pics and say hi when you get a chance. This is a great place for info and such.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
Isn't Victoria British still having a summer sale on windshields and gaskets? Triplex was indeed the proper (and only) supplier of glass for the Midget except for maybe the very early cars.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links