Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

harrisrj17 Richard Harrison
Doncaster, UK   GBR
Hello all,

Hope you can help as am scratching my head a bit here. Admittedly cause am not that good with electricals!

Am having issues starting the MG after it being away for some repairs. My issue is it seemed to be the battery was dead, so changed for a new one. But on starting it either starts, or just 'ticks' once on the key turn.
Progress was made a little tonight, as I turned the key to on, but then instead attempting to start pressed the button in the middle of the solenoid, which immeadiately started the car.
My theory now is the wire between key and the solenoid, would I be right in thinking this, or is there somewhere else I should be looking at?

Any help would be much appreciated smiling smiley

Rich

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
zabond Russell Meehan
Neerim East, victoria, Australia   AUS
1966 MG Midget "Bridget"
remove the ign wire from the solenoid then connect a wire to bat + and touch it on the solenoid term if the starter spins the you have a bad wire from your ign switch, if it just clicks then your solenoid is faulty

harrisrj17 Richard Harrison
Doncaster, UK   GBR
Thanks that makes sense, will give it a try smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster