1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"    & more
Came through on my FB feed....

1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
bev sleet Avatar
bev sleet Bev S
Raunds, Northamptonshire, UK   GBR
Someone needs to rescue that midget and restore it, I got mine out the scrap yard in pretty much the same condition but it was all there and it's now back on the road.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CountBasey Avatar
CountBasey Thomas Basey
Brunswick, OH, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Opus"
Another one probably gone - at worst it would have made a great parts car.

I heard the person say at the end of the video that he would have "liked to have the gauges" but he knows the yard it's located in is pricey. I can only imagine what they would probably ask ($$$) if someone inquires about the whole car. Unfortunately I've dealt with yards like this many times before - as soon as they think you want something (that they were just going to scrap anyway) it instantly becomes priceless.

Sad. sad smiley

Thomas (Count) Basey
Member of Emerald Necklace MG Register - www.mgcleveland.com

“With each replacement of parts, my British car slowly becomes Chinese.”

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
Another white 1500 "Special" gone to the crusher. I'm always sad to see ANY Midget turned into a cube of steel, but every yard find of late seems to be another sad rubber bumpered car. Speaking of overpriced "once they think you want something"...here is a 1500 in my region that has been on Craigslist for EIGHT YEARS at the same price. I've periodically called the guy selling it, and he doesn't seem to realize that it is time to suck it up and take whatever is offered. By the way, this photo is what the car looked like EIGHT YEARS ago. Did I repeat myself? EIGHT friggin' years.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Sad 1500 Never To Sell.jpg    39.6 KB
Sad 1500 Never To Sell.jpg

Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3754903 by littlecars Another white 1500 "Special" gone to the crusher. I'm always sad to see ANY Midget turned into a cube of steel, but every yard find of late seems to be another sad rubber bumpered car. Speaking of overpriced "once they think you want something"...here is a 1500 in my region that has been on Craigslist for EIGHT YEARS at the same price. I've periodically called the guy selling it, and he doesn't seem to realize that it is time to suck it up and take whatever is offered. By the way, this photo is what the car looked like EIGHT YEARS ago. Did I repeat myself? EIGHT friggin' years.

I was looking at used pickups last night and one of those hoity-toity auction websites had a dozen or so Midgets ranging from $12K to over $20K. I mean, really?

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
KilroyRock Rob M
Baltimore, MD, USA   USA
I inherited my midget, it's *almost running (being careful), but it's got some issues. then there's one on craigslist for 2k in great shape. I know i've got 2k worth of stuff I'd have to fix, which is frustrating (same color too), but this was my buddy's car, so I wouldn't dare sell this to buy that one. The low resale on these is the worst/best thing about these.

CountBasey Avatar
CountBasey Thomas Basey
Brunswick, OH, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Opus"
Agreed. If you are like me and are rebuilding a Midget for yourself, it's a great hobby and fun to drive. If you are doing it to make a return on your investment, you're probably wasting your time. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thomas (Count) Basey
Member of Emerald Necklace MG Register - www.mgcleveland.com

“With each replacement of parts, my British car slowly becomes Chinese.”

Yankeedriver Avatar
In reply to # 3755531 by CountBasey Agreed. If you are like me and are rebuilding a Midget for yourself, it's a great hobby and fun to drive. If you are doing it to make a return on your investment, you're probably wasting your time. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

...and then there's this... https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/mg/midget

$14K in CA, $24K in the Netherlands...?!

Joel

Member Services:
1974MGMidget Avatar
1974MGMidget Silver Member Jack Orkin
Grayson, GA, USA   USA
Yes, but its a Cabriolet. smiling smiley Wow, some of those prices are just....wow. I noticed that the two Netherlands cars, one of which just had a two year restoration, have body colored sills. But, there is one there for $700. It says it won't start, and the picture says the hood won't open. So, how do you assess a car when you can't open the hood?!

Yankeedriver Avatar
In reply to # 3755764 by 1974MGMidget Yes, but its a Cabriolet. smiling smiley Wow, some of those prices are just....wow. I noticed that the two Netherlands cars, one of which just had a two year restoration, have body colored sills. But, there is one there for $700. It says it won't start, and the picture says the hood won't open. So, how do you assess a car when you can't open the hood?!

I believe it involves an envelope, one's forehead... I think the method was perfected by someone named Carnac the Magnificent...

Joel

Member Services:
littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
I think the car in Delta Virginia from the Hemmings listings is a member of the forum here. I swear I've seen that car before.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster