AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

GreenBee Silver Member Daniel Sukel
Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
So trying to solve my engine surge upon start up on my 76' Midget, wearing a DGAV 32/36 Weber, there is a lot of smoke pouring out of the manifold to head. I'm guessing that is where my vacuum leak may be originating from? Is it a standard exhaust manifold gasket I need to order for a 1500, or do I need something specific to the Weber set-up I'm not sure if you can see but on the first image there a wisps of smoke coming up below the fuel filter, and on the second near the back of the manifold to the right. The video I took is much more compelling, however its to large to download. TIA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_2738.jpg    25 KB
IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg    39.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
STANDARD> thumbs up

Member Services:
Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
Thanks Joe winking smiley

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Daniel: Also if possible, at least lay a straight edge across the manifold's to see if they are pretty straight. You can pick up a piece of aluminum flat stock at like "Home Depot" or "Lowes" and use the "EDGE" to check for "Flatness"
You may have to take the manifold to an "Auto Machine Shop". and have them run it on their "BIG Belt sander. They usually have HUGH ones to lightly flatten cylinder heads and the like. Have Fun. smileys with beer

Member Services:
Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
Will do!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster