Car won’t start after replacing clutch cylinder

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TLlew Tim L
Topsfield, MA, USA   USA
So.... after a very frustrating replacement of the clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and brake master cylinder the car won’t start. Is it possible this new issue is related to the replacement of the clutch hydrolics? Or have I just come across something new to fix?

Thanks!
Tim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
The clutch system has nothing to do with the starting system. My guess is you accidentally knocked a wire off somewhere. sad smiley

rhodyspit75 Avatar
rhodyspit75 Ernie Connor
Cumberland, RI, USA   USA
Need more information. Will it not crank or will it crank and not fire?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TLlew Tim L
Topsfield, MA, USA   USA
It cranks, but won’t turn over. It was fine when I drove into the garage before the work started.

TLlew Tim L
Topsfield, MA, USA   USA
OK. I'm still having issues. The car will turn over but not start. I got a spark tester and it very faintly lights up once and blinks out. So I'm assuming the problem is electrical - which is uncharted ground for me. I've attached a bunch of pictures of the wiring to see if something jumps out to anyone. I'm a complete beginner so I understand if I am missing something extraordinarily obvious. I'd love to hear anyone's recommendations - but please speak slowly and use small words! smiling smiley

Attachments:
IMG_0035.jpg    50.3 KB
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg    47 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_0043.jpg    54.8 KB
IMG_0046.jpg    52.1 KB
ChrisMadge Chris Madge
Bristol, SOUTH GLOUCESTER, UK   GBR
start with checking the battery, and fault find from there

MGUK Paul Wiley
Watton, Norfolk, UK   GBR
A small point but also check that the earthing strap from the engine is in good condition and is firmly connected at both ends.A failing or badly connected one can restrict the power available for the coil so you get a poor spark and will reduce the cranking speed.

Checking accurately with a resistance meter is difficult so it is a case of better to check the physical condition of the strap than rely on electrical readings from a meter.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster