LED bulbs in dash one place still dim?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

padutchmidget Richard W
Landisville, PA, USA   USA
I replaced my dash bulbs with 9 element LEDs. I tried single element LEDs but they were only a little better than the stock incandescent bulbs so I ordered 8 more. The ones I am using are now much brighter they have 9 light dots so I will call them elements. I left one of the single dot ones in my left signal dash arrow it is plenty bright this way. I have one of the 9 element bulbs in the right signal dash arrow but even with this bulb it is still dim. I tried cleaning the inside with cotton swab, still dim and the swab came out clean. I tried cleaning the outside of the lense still dim. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas, thoughts? I am only trying all this but in the daylight it is still hard to see the flash and I hate driving with my signal still on after turning.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Richard: My MGBGT, is a Custom application, so NOTHING is as it should be. BUT, for turn signals, I use a set up kind of like a "BuyEye" Sprite. Toggle Switch. Left/Right Single RED indicator for both, AND a "PIEZO" Electric Buzzer. Available at Amazon, 3-24 Volts DC $ 3.50. About 80db Also need a couple of "Steering Diodes" I can put up a diagram Monday if you want. Food for thought. smileys with beer

Member Services:

Attachments:
MGBGT SEAT ALUMINUM PLATE 008.jpg    48.9 KB
MGBGT SEAT ALUMINUM PLATE 008.jpg

MY MGBGT AND LAMP 006.jpg    66.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
padutchmidget Richard W
Landisville, PA, USA   USA
A buzzer is tempting but I was hoping I was missing something. I cant understand why one lense is so much darker there are 8 more elements in the right signal arrow yet it is still almost as dull as when it had the stock bulb. I was also considering checking the ground but the bulb seems pretty bright outside of the lense holder?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster