Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ronmorse62 Avatar
ronmorse62 Ron Morse
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
I'm in the process of rebuilding the front suspension on my Sprite. How far do I screw in the fulcrum pins into the wishbone? All the way in, then back it off just enough to put the cotter pin in?

Thanks!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
PeterC Avatar
PeterC Platinum Member Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   USA
You probably can't screw it in much past where it should be. When fitting the cotter, have the kingpin at right angle to pan. Don't forget the corks or better rubbers.

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (800)362-1025 M-F 9-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
ronmorse62 Avatar
ronmorse62 Ron Morse
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Thank you, Peter!

halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
Put a bright light underneath and you can see from above where the flat spot in the fulcrum pin is, as you turn the fulcrum pin back and forth. Also, while you're at it drill and tap the other end of the A frame for a grease zerk so you can lube the fulcrum pin from either end.
GB

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster