AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Kerr Avatar
Kerr Platinum Member Norm Kerr
Ann Arbor, MI, USA   USA
you will find that you have to wind them up, not stretch them out

You are correct: the short part goes to the front (it is a "control arm" portion, and the long part to the rear is "the spring" portion).

N

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Joe How can the springs be WRONG END AROUND..?? The front should have a “Silent Bloc” bush and the rear has shackle bushes. Did you remove the front bush..?? There is only one correct way. .??confused smiley

Member Services:
NYCCharlie Avatar
NYCCharlie Charles Linn
Lawrence, KS, USA   USA
Doug, If I am not mistaken, the issues surrounding misaligned spring shackles were well covered last fall in this thread, Titled "leaf spring nightmare" In which Norm and others guided another member in a method to use a crowbar to flip the shackle around so the springs were properly aligned.

Try reading it for your edification:

https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?3,3563967

Some of that member's issues had to do with him putting new springs on, but the part about the shackles seems familiar.

Pay particular attention to pages 2 and 3.

Good luck!
Charles

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-13 08:29 AM by NYCCharlie.

DoughJoes Avatar
DoughJoes Joe Gowen
St louis, MO, USA   USA
Thanks everyone. I tried searching for leaf spring problems. Never saw this article. I got erverything back together. Alll looks ok now . I had two people sit in the car and it all is lined up ok. I guess I just needed to have weight in the car. Next on to the rebuilding the gearbox. Thanks again erveyone.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster