AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

What is happening?
  This topic is about my 1970 MG Midget MkIII
stcroixmgmidget David Prissel
Hudson, WI, USA   USA
1970 MG Midget MkIII "Monty"
Just checking for leaks in the coolant system, filled up the radiator and had a couple of issues with not having the hoses all tightened up. Got it to where no water was leaking and went to turn the engine over. After a couple of cranks there was water pouring out of the rear drivers side of the engine. Couldn't see where it was coming from so I pulled off the carbs and heat shield and eventually the exhaust manifold. Turned it over again and water came out of the rear most port where the exhaust manifold attaches. New head gasket, torqued to specs. Everything is original in the car. What is happening? Thanks in advance.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
DAVID: Wrong Head Gasket . Oil will be full of water also. Sorry to hear that. hot smiley

Member Services:
trevorwj Avatar
trevorwj Trevor Jessie
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
Although unusual, it could be a crack in the head.

Midget 50th - A Spridget Event
It was a Blast!
http://sprite-midgetclub.org/

Hudson, WI, USA   USA
Thanks for the feedback! Will have to pull it off and see what's going on.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
DAvid .??Did you just have Head work done. .? A little more background would help, like why checking for leaks. .?confused smiley

Member Services:
oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
DAVID: I made myself s note to check back on this. ANY luck. ????? Curious sad smiley

Member Services:
Hudson, WI, USA   USA
No time. Work is getting in the way. It was a $300 special when I bought it. A real mess. I have to get some money to Skye because this site has saved me many times, you are all great! I will post some pics of before and after. Getting close. Hope to finally drive it this summer - unless I find something really bad!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster