AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ballybob Avatar
Ballybob Rob McKellar
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia   AUS
1958 MG MGA 1500
1968 MG MGB "NED"
1969 MG Midget
I acquired a batch of mini parts and there was a brand spanking new camshaft in the pile of parts. I have had a look on line but haven't been able to find anything similar. the timing of the cam is inlet 30/70, ex 70/30 deg.

Any ideas?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Kerr Avatar
Kerr Platinum Member Norm Kerr
Ann Arbor, MI, USA   USA
is there any maker info? any numbers stamped on the end which could be an ID number to search with?

AN5L8016 Avatar
AN5L8016 Mark Haynes
Nederland, CO, USA   USA
Check to see if there are any rings cast into the shat near the first and second or seventh and eighth lobes- That's where BMC put their factory markings.
Are the lobes 3/8" or 1/2" wide? oil pump drive star, pin or slot? All of these things are helpful in determining origin.

'58 Bugeye
'05 Mini Cooper S

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ballybob Avatar
Ballybob Rob McKellar
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia   AUS
1958 MG MGA 1500
1968 MG MGB "NED"
1969 MG Midget
Its a Wagot cam. A company in Queensland that re grinds cams. Has all the details but still not sure what the purpose is. Similar grinds are fast road or race. It has a tag. I will pull out the cam and document the details.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster