Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dogeddie Avatar
dogeddie Silver Member Andy L
Kaukauna, WI, USA   USA
I replaced the MC so I bled the clutch system right away too. Also topped off rear axle, which was very low, and the gearbox, which needed a little bit of oil. Afterwards I had trouble getting the car into 1st gear from neutral and downshifting from 4th to 3rd gear. But it was random - it would shift smoothly for awhile, then get ugly when slowing down or restarting - but not consistently. I am currently trying to re bleed the clutch and it sucks as I have been at it for the entire night and it still feels like the clutch doesn't have much resistance. Do I stay the course and keep bleeding? I am under the car with a hose in a bottle with brake fluid in it, and someone presses in the pedal about 1/2 - 3/4 down while I close the bleeder. Rinse and repeat. Just when I think we are good i get a couple more bubbles. Any suggestions?

On a good note the brakes are working awesome!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Luv Em Old Avatar
Luv Em Old Brian Radich
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand   NZL
Have the pedal pushed firmly all the way down, close, raise the pedal, open, push firmly all the way down..... Every three depressions check the reservoir and top up. This is really important. Sometimes your helper can hold the clutch pedal right in for a few minutes with the bleed valve closed. You just might see a bubble or two in the reservoir. This is good. It means some air that was trapped in the system has worked it's way to the top and out.

dogeddie Avatar
dogeddie Silver Member Andy L
Kaukauna, WI, USA   USA
I ended up doing the bicycle tube trick to add pressure to the line. Air was trapped behind the clutch MC in front of the firewall and just going back and forth, so that pushed in through, and I got some resistance on the clutch pedal. Alot of air came out. I also greased the bleeder screw as I didn't seem to have a good tight fit.

So all happy this am we finished and taking wife out for a drive and picnic for Mothers Day and it's grinding. sad smiley Seems to improve as I drive it. Could I have overfilled the gearbox or something? I only added till it ran out. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
woodstock1 jim jensen
cleveland, USA   USA
go to harbor freight.....get a $25 brake bleeder.....red.......works wonders....

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster