RB Midget converted to MKI ! !

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dcraddock43 Gold Member Dave Craddock
Redford (Detroit), Mi., USA   USA
Here is what Don Arsenault at Silver lake high school in Massachusetts with a $200. MG Midget using our MKI front and rear body sections,
the kids in the automotive technology class really enjoyed this project AND they won a first prize at the Boston World of wheels show !
Nice going Don and kids...................................
Dave

Member Services:
Preform Resources,Inc./Dave Craddock, MGB composite parts, body kits ,front and rear valances, stock and RV-8 bolt on hoods ,many spridget parts as well. composite parts that FIT! 313-533-2457 http://preformresources.com/ preres@sbcglobal.net

Attachments:
MKII conversio using our MKI parts.jpg    46.7 KB
MKII conversio using our MKI parts.jpg

081.jpg    48 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20180325_114258.jpg    62.5 KB
bugeye show.jpg    79 KB
DSC06407.jpg    48 KB
BRG68GT Gold Member Al Bouziane
Myakka City, FL, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Herman"
Good for them. What a great thing to be teaching kids in the automotive tech class.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
They did a great job on it. thumbs up

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

Yeah, I love it ! bringigng young folks into the fold, but more importantly they learned something while doing it and ENJOYED themselves !!

Dave

Member Services:
Preform Resources,Inc./Dave Craddock, MGB composite parts, body kits ,front and rear valances, stock and RV-8 bolt on hoods ,many spridget parts as well. composite parts that FIT! 313-533-2457 http://preformresources.com/ preres@sbcglobal.net
littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
eye popping smileyeye popping smiley Wow that interior is eye popping! Love the use of the later wheel with a red horn button. Colorbond there? Shame they didn't use a lowering kit to get the stance just right eye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-14 01:13 PM by littlecars.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
200mph Avatar
200mph Platinum Member Mike Joy
Winston-Salem, NC, USA   USA
That's fantastic, Dave, and great job by those students.

BTW guys, Dave's fiberglas is the BEST !

"Have you ever thought... Everyone driving slower than your MG is a MORON, everyone driving faster must be a FREAKING IDIOT!". . . George Carlin

Thanks Mike, I'm glad Nascar / TV put you in, a valid commentary position, you deserve it !!
Dave

Member Services:
mxdad340 Donald A
Raynham, MA, USA   USA
Dave, thanks for posting our rubber bumper to Bugeye conversion here on the MG Experience forums ! The kids and I had a real blast building this project and we're all excited about seeing this project getting world wide attention here on the web! Here's a couple more photos showing some of the detail in the build. The kids and I really like the look that the AC Cobras use with the rounded dash/cowl area and because we couldn't locate decent enough bugeye dash trim, we fabricated some 1" steel tubing to get that cobra look. Those are 1968 Moss Midget seat covers over the original 1976 seat frames and foam, they fit OK but not perfectly. 1968 foams would probably be better. The fiberglass nose and rear clip provided by Dave at http://www.preformresources.com/store.htm were absolutely fantastic ! Plenty strong, well nuts for the hood hinges already installed, fits like it should. High quality stuff !
( unsolicited recommendation, I don't work there and he's not my uncle, they just make excellent stuff ! )
Anyhow, I do have lots of other photo's of what we did and recommendations on what we'd do differently next time if anyone is considering this kind of project. I'd be happy to share....

Don Arsenault

Attachments:
bugeye interior before.JPG    60 KB
bugeye interior before.JPG

20161226_170514.jpg    43.1 KB
20161226_170247.jpg    40.1 KB
mxdad340 Donald A
Raynham, MA, USA   USA
Yep, That's Color Bond. Perfect match over black, bright red or anything else I think, and it doesn't come off. Good stuff.. VB has it , get the Surface Cleaner too.

Sarge101st Avatar
Sarge101st Silver Member Brian S
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Biggles"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Grrr"
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
Don, a lovely car, that.

I like that it is a well-executed homage rather than an attempt at a nut-by-bolt replica. An excellent choice of goal.

Give your mob a well-done for me.

Brian , I totally agree, think that what Don has done with a bunch of high schoolers is is commendable , this was no r &r
car fix. When you cut a car apart and refit largely alien panels of another material you have to think out of the box,apply some
engineering and utilize other skills, paint ,upholtstery and such personally I think they will not forget what they learned doing
this !
Dave

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster