MGExp

MG Midget Forum

TELL US THE WHEN, WHERE, AND HOW YOU BOUGHT YOUR SPRIDGET!

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NelsonW Silver Member Nelson W
Medina, OH, USA   USA
1962 Austin-Healey Sprite "Little Mo"
When I bought my Sprite it was like new. Actually it was new. That was back in January of 1962 and I drove it away from Donald Healey's dealership in Warwick, England. I was in the USAF and drove drove Little Mo on the left side of the road for almost a year. Then I drove it to Liverpool and it was shipped to Philadelphia. I picked it up on the morning of November 29 and drove home to Ohio via Massachusetts where I visited an Air Force buddy. Left there early evening and drove straight through the night. Arrived home at 6:30 in the morning. It was my only car for nine more years. By then the winter salt on Ohio roads had done its nasty work. What was meant to be a summer project was finally "completed" in 2011. Now it is mostly fun and has won quite a few awards for me.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Midgetmini Frank Schuettenberg
Delmenhorst, Germany, Germany   DEU
When: 1992
Where: Delmenhorst (lower saxony) / Germany

Car was standing one year after imported from San Diego in a barn in bad condition. I need half a year to bring it to life.

Now the car is only in use for dry summer days

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-17 08:12 AM by Midgetmini.

Attachments:
20161016_170324.jpg    37 KB
20161016_170324.jpg

Bondkbond Avatar
Bondkbond Silver Member Kurt Bernhardt
Tomah, WI, USA   USA
Very sharp Frank!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3737792 by Midgetmini When: 1992
Where: Delmenhorst (lower saxony) / Germany

Car was standing one year after imported from San Diego in a barn in bad condition. I need half a year to bring it to life.

Now the car is only in use for dry summer days

Nice-looking car and lovely countryside, too. Thanks for telling us your story.

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
MG47484 Avatar
MG47484 Mike B
Lima/Aston, PA, USA   USA
1963 Chevrolet C10 "My White Work Horse!!" ~ For Sale ! ~
1975 MG Midget MkIII "Young Marine’s Weekend Pass!"
2005 Nissan Frontier V6 4WD "The Silver Ghost"
2009 Subaru Legacy "Wife's Slave"
Buying my 1st MG.
Well I just finished High school and had been looking for a new car to enjoy, Has my eye on this TR6 a friend of my Dad – But, he would not sell it to me – He knew something about it and my Dad and I think he liked his job and did not want a bad car deal to create problems! He told me, “This is not a car you sell to a buddie!” That’s why you cannot buy it!
Well I saw it and drove it – dealer gave it to me for the weekend, had a date on Saturday, plus mine needed an Inspection, past due and waiting for a part. Took her home, younger brothers loved it and my Dad kept saying get in her for supper! When he had to step to see what was going on said nothing. In the middle of dinner he asked me for the keys! Well told me to give him the keys! And said, to Mom that they were going for a ride when the kids cleared the table. Two hours later I get a call – “Find the Gas can… and get us … we on Buck Mountain road past the Parkway!” OOPS! The dealer warmed me it may need gas. Wait where are they? That’s 20 or so miles. Well I did not buy the car on Monday went back a week later and made the deal.
Well that was it!

CarverBoldman Carver Boldman
Kirbyville, MO, USA   USA
Wait, a dealer was selling the MG? That's suprising!

76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
" we on Buck Mountain road past the Parkway!” Wait I think I know where they were or they are two places with very similiar names in two different areas. I know it happens but it's would be the first time seeing proof of it.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 04:34 PM by 76lucas.

Statestreet Avatar
Statestreet John Lockwood
Tucson AZ, USA   USA
I got the 77 'cause I'm the one my brother always came to when he broke his cars. He was a great electrician but couldn't be trusted around a car with tools. He bought it from someone in the Air Force stationed at George AFB In Adelanto CA in 1989. One day he called me because the clutch was grinding. I went over to his house and we pulled the engine/tranny out, rebuilt the clutch and put it back together that day. For the next two years I was his mechanic. Finally he tired of it and sold it to me fo $900.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1977 MG Midget 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links