Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bolo Rafael Acosta
Scranton, PA, USA   USA
Good day All
I have a 1977 MGMidget that evey once in a while stalls when you least expect it. Last time it did stall was after I fueled the car. I ran it probably a mile after fuelling and it stalled. All day it ran flawless. Not even a hick up. I checked the fuel filter and it was empty. You could see bubbles coming up slowly and as it filled up. I sat in the car for an hour. I then proceeded start the car again and it started on one key turn. Then it ran flawlessly all the way home. Can anybody tell me what to look for? €

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ken472 Avatar
ken472 Ken Petersen
Luverne, MN, USA   USA
Sludge in the tank? Or vapor lock. Does the fuel line run too close to the exhaust?

ice Avatar
ice Gold Member Larry Ice
Lawrenceville, GA, USA   USA
Rafael, done any work on the car lately?

Iceman

Atlanta GA

60 AH MK1
62 AH MKII
67 Midget
71 Midget

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
matmire Avatar
matmire Matt Meyer
Studio City, CA, USA   USA
Ditto on the vapor lock theory, or perhaps some grit in the carbs clogging up the works. Alternate long shot, I had a dying electronic fuel pump act kinda like that. It kicked the bucket a few days later. No issues after getting a decent unit to replace that junk autozone pump PO put in it.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 MG MGB GT

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links