oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
PERZAKLEY: That's a little ???????confused smiley

Member Services:
oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
PETER: Just out of, "CURIOSITY" Were you doing what you now do back in the late 1980. It was mention on here a few days ago about "Roadstar Nelson" going out of business. I had 30 or 40 Master Cylinder, Shocks and Sprite A-Arms in their "CORE BANK", I always kind of wondered what happened to them. I should of had XXX $$$$ core credit. Never got NADA, NIX, Nothing. I heard years later most of that stuff went up to Apple Hydraulics. ??? Just wondering ?? sleepy

Member Services:
jlloydparks Joshua Parker
Central VA, USA   USA
So here is a picture of the brake line going into the caliper. No banjo bolt there. Any idea of what calipers I may have? They have no discerning markings.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
JOSHUA: HOLY CRAPAZOID BATMAN. ???? What is that, ??? Looks like someone welded a 3/8" nut to the caliper and used ????Maybe an MGB hose, which is 3/8" NF thread. ???? IF That is the case and all else works fine ?? Calipers work fine, than order the MGB "Stainless Steel Braided Hose" for it. WOW. That's what it looks like to me OR Remove them, Repair back to original, rebuild with new kits. and proper parts. Double WOW-WOWconfused smiley

Member Services:
PeterC Avatar
PeterC Platinum Member Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   USA
In reply to # 3718193 by oleanderjoe PETER: Just out of, "CURIOSITY" Were you doing what you now do back in the late 1980. It was mention on here a few days ago about "Roadstar Nelson" going out of business. I had 30 or 40 Master Cylinder, Shocks and Sprite A-Arms in their "CORE BANK", I always kind of wondered what happened to them. I should of had XXX $$$$ core credit. Never got NADA, NIX, Nothing. I heard years later most of that stuff went up to Apple Hydraulics. ??? Just wondering ?? sleepy

Apple got their stuf early 90s. I didn't want it. We've been doing this since 84

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (800)362-1025 M-F 9-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
PeterC Avatar
PeterC Platinum Member Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   USA
Looks like the right caliper. That u-shaped bracket should hold the hose for the banjo fitting. Just buy the banjo bolt from whoever and the 2 copper washers. You'll be much better off than what is cobbled there at the moment. No drama
Peter c

In reply to # 3718241 by jlloydparks So here is a picture of the brake line going into the caliper. No banjo bolt there. Any idea of what calipers I may have? They have no discerning markings.

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (800)362-1025 M-F 9-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
jlloydparks Joshua Parker
Central VA, USA   USA
Peter, Thanks! Do you have a picture of what this should look like fixed correctly?

oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
THANKS.

Member Services:
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Looks to me like a standard Spridget caliper with a non-standard hose screwed into the hole for the banjo bolt. Even has the hose brackets in place. smileys with beer

In reply to # 3718241 by jlloydparks So here is a picture of the brake line going into the caliper. No banjo bolt there. Any idea of what calipers I may have? They have no discerning markings.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
JOSHUA: , Sorry, it still does not look right to me. It is hard to tell in the pictures, but it still looks like something has been welded on. ???? Usually on a Sprite caliper the "Raised Boss" that the Banjo Bold fits into is only about 3/16" tall and machined pretty nice. There are pretty good pictures in the Work Shop Manual.

Member Services:
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Give it up Joe. The hex is part of the hose. smileys with beer

In reply to # 3718373 by oleanderjoe JOSHUA: , Sorry, it still does not look right to me. It is hard to tell in the pictures, but it still looks like something has been welded on. ???? Usually on a Sprite caliper the "Raised Boss" that the Banjo Bold fits into is only about 3/16" tall and machined pretty nice. There are pretty good pictures in the Work Shop Manual.

oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
LOOKED Every where, CRAP, no pictures of the back side. Sorry. hot smiley

Member Services:

Attachments:
Fence and Griesser 005.jpg    28.6 KB
Fence and Griesser 005.jpg

Fence and Griesser 006.jpg    38.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Fence and Griesser 011.jpg    52.8 KB
Bug Eye Progress 004.jpg    52 KB
Fence and Griesser 007.jpg    41.8 KB
S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
Well, the picture won't load for me but it sounds as if I'm vindicated, Joe!smiling smiley

Kurt

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster