Weber DGV Secondary Barrel Not Engaging

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

angryhippie Robert Dorsten
Tipp City, OH, USA   USA
I have a 1974 MG Midget that I bought last fall. I noticed that if I fully depress the gas pedal, the primary arm never extends enough to engage the secondary barrel. Does anyone have any pictures or advice?

Does it look like I'm missing any pieces on the throttle linkage?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Looks like you are running out of throttle travel before the secondary opens. Disconnect all the cables and see if it opens manually. (Guessing it does) Those are pretty sturdy. Work on getting better cable hook-ups. smileys with beer

Member Services:
GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
It's opening some but not all the way. Gotta make sure the pedal is coming all the way up when you hook the cable up.

Like Joe said; you need to get a better cable mount.

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Robert. You can see that the cable pulls the linkage to Horizontal, about 9:O'clock, it needs to go past horizontal, about 8:O’clock try moving the cable “Trunion”, one hole back, Cheers smileys with beer

Member Services:
Tipp City, OH, USA   USA
I adjusted the cable linkage so that it pulls the throttle down more and it is better, but it still isn't fully opening. How would you suggest I get more peddle throw? Just bend the peddle rod the lengthen it?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tipp City, OH, USA   USA
Nevermind, I got it.

I do think that the carb needs rebuilt, but that is a project for another day

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster