AutoShrine Sponsor

trevorwj Avatar
trevorwj Trevor Jessie
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
Ford Merkur ... with a K.

Midget 50th - A Spridget Event
It was a Blast!
http://sprite-midgetclub.org/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pixelsmithusa Avatar
Doh!... you're right... been so long since I've even seen one, even here in the Bay Area where there are so many foreign and exotic cars.

In reply to # 3717377 by trevorwj Ford Merkur ... with a K.

Gerard

http://gerardsgarage.com/

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
A few observations. Fig, why not look into the Rivergate conversion? I was under the impression they manufacture and sell their conversion kit out of Tennessee!!??

Secondly, the Datsun donors are plentiful if you know where to look. The 5 speed came in wagons, coupes, hatchbacks and sedans and there seems to be no shortage of them along the highways and byways in our neck of the woods. A friend of mine who works for Nissan (HQ in Franklin, TN) is actually doing a rebuild on a B210/Midget he picked up for almost nothing somewhere along Hwy 431 in Petersburg, TN. Also, if you know someone who lives in northern Virginia, the salvage yard Leon's in Culpeper actually has these gearboxes set aside in a separate shed. There's that many.

Finally, I seem to stumble on Merkur more than I would think down here. The fella who spread gravel for my driveway last year said he'd done multiple drop-ins and he is in the boonies of this area.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
As Gerard pointed out, I believe the T9 box requires quite a bit of modification. There was a Toyota box kit at one time as well. I believe a early T50 box.

Kurt.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster