the fun's about to begin!

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Twomoons Ron H
BUFFALO, WY, USA   USA
after 25 years I'm going to do it again. New project, the search for parts begins..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20180322_173824.jpg    45.8 KB
20180322_173824.jpg

20180406_201138.jpg    54.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
trevorwj Avatar
trevorwj Trevor Jessie
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
What year/style are you trying to achieve? I see evidence that it was previously a collection of different years.

Midget 50th - A Spridget Event
It was a Blast!
http://sprite-midgetclub.org/

Twomoons Ron H
BUFFALO, WY, USA   USA
trevorwj,
You're right, It's been through many hands. I think it's '63-'64. Still pondering where it's going from here, I will be giving it lots of thought as I massage a few of the wrinkles out.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
Welcome to the fun. If you know the vin you can get the year. Plenty of help and parts here.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
You have a 1500 75-79. I couldn't tell on my phone at first. The front end gives it away. Your's has the two holes in the bottom valance which could have been changed. But the two horns sticking thru the grille area all 1500. They are what the rubber bumpers mounted to. I would guess that someone started to either eliminate them or do a conversion to chrome.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

trevorwj Avatar
trevorwj Trevor Jessie
Most every thing on the body points to '63-'64

Pedal box, doors, boot aperature, cockpit shape.

Yes, the front fender and lower valence are from other years.

It was a Blast!

CountBasey Avatar
CountBasey Thomas Basey
Brunswick, OH, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Opus"
I agree with the two valence holes, but I’m thinking it was changed out. Only a single jack hole on the side (with square rear wheel arches) would indicate 71 or prior. As someone said earlier, looks like a mixture to me!

Thomas (Count) Basey
Member of Emerald Necklace MG Register - www.mgcleveland.com

“With each replacement of parts, my British car slowly becomes Chinese.”

trevorwj Avatar
trevorwj Trevor Jessie
Actually, the car looks to be a sidescreen car, so it is probably a '63 or earlier.

It was a Blast!

halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
Lots of opinions on the year, right?

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
No, it's a side curtain car. Look at the photo of the chassis on the rotisserie. No battering rams for the rubber bumpers. Somebody did something really strange with the front valance and fenders when they took them off of the donor rubber bumper car. Single jack hole in the sills, dual master cylinder, etc. - '61-'63.

In reply to # 3716490 by 76lucas You have a 1500 75-79. I couldn't tell on my phone at first. The front end gives it away. Your's has the two holes in the bottom valance which could have been changed. But the two horns sticking thru the grille area all 1500. They are what the rubber bumpers mounted to. I would guess that someone started to either eliminate them or do a conversion to chrome.

halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
63 or early 64 is what I think.

Twomoons Ron H
BUFFALO, WY, USA   USA
I am told The Valance came from another vehicle, this may help clear up some confusion on the car. The body and doors are the only thing original and it looks like a 63-64. The body is in really great shape with minimal rust and minimal damage. I had a 73 about 25 years ago, I dropped in a Datsun motor and 5 speed tranny, I want to put another B210 5 speed in this one. I appreciate all post and any advice out there and if anybody has a handle on a tranny let me know.
Thanks.

Attachments:
280.JPG    70.6 KB
280.JPG

272.JPG    56.1 KB
273.JPG    74 KB
halloween Gregg B
Sheridan, WY, USA   USA
I think I've seen that blue Midget years ago. Looks nice. Any body know if it's still around?
GB

Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3716707 by Twomoons I am told The Valance came from another vehicle, this may help clear up some confusion on the car. The body and doors are the only thing original and it looks like a 63-64. The body is in really great shape with minimal rust and minimal damage. I had a 73 about 25 years ago, I dropped in a Datsun motor and 5 speed tranny, I want to put another B210 5 speed in this one. I appreciate all post and any advice out there and if anybody has a handle on a tranny let me know.
Thanks.

Hey, Ron, talk to me about that bonnet. Is it a fiberglass one-piece aftermarket, and if so where did you get it? What about the hinge arrangement?

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
Twomoons Ron H
BUFFALO, WY, USA   USA
Joel,
Not fiberglass. did it with a millermatic 120 just for the fun of it back when I had WAY too much time on my hands. My idea was to build it in such a way that I could swap it out with a Bugeye bonnet whenever the mood struck. built a bracket in the nose and a couple pins to attach and pivot forward. I had a cable attached from the bonnet to driver side inner fender to limit travel of the bonnet. tried it out with a friends bugeye bonnet and It worked well, was easy to swap, but I never did get Bugeye bonnet of my own.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster