Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Poundingsand Avatar
Poundingsand Silver Member Peer Ebbighausen
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
Interesting. I just seem to come upon ones with the threaded O2 sensor. Ill keep looking and search for that brand. I have an old Penske (I think its a penske) one that doesn't work but I am no electrical technician...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Poundingsand Avatar
Mike are you saying you would lift both pins at the same time then listen to both bores?

hoggie Avatar
hoggie Mike Hogan
Oklahoma City, OK, USA   USA
Just lift the pin separately on each carb. You will usually find one that drops the engine speed (weak) and one that speeds it up (rich). Instead of trying to tune one carb to obtain the correct mixture, then the other, I'm suggesting to adjust them both before testing again because I just kept finding myself ping ponging around to get both set correct. So once you check each by slightly raising each piston separately (1/16) to determine weak or lean, adjust both as needed by one flat, then do the lift test again. I found that method worked best for me.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
What do your plugs look like?

Pete

Poundingsand Avatar
Thanks mike. Pete plugs look good. Light grey deposits...the car runs fine and idles smooth warm (right after choke removed). Its when it gets hot that idle gets a little lumpy. I'm hoping to smooth it out more.

I checked fuel level and did the "puff of breath" test. Level looks good, right Where it should be. I did notice one piston has more resistance when lifting by finger in spite of same damper oil used in both. But they seem to lift equally when running. I pulled it and cleaned it anyway. Won't get a chance to test drive until tomorrow though.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster