AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

GreenBee Silver Member Daniel Sukel
Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
Just received my new Moss fuel tank for the Midget. Is the coating that comes on the tank sufficient to protect the tank from corrosion, or is it recommended to apply either a stone chip type paint or perhaps POR15? One other thing, the new fuel sender unit has 3 prongs, my current one only has one. Is there a particular one that the wire needs to go on? Thanks all winking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
atm92484 Avatar
atm92484 Andrew M
Fort Worth, TX, USA   USA
Check your invoice - mine had the directions for which spade connector to use printed below the item.

If I'm correctly remembering, it actually doesn't matter as long as you use one of the end ones. I don't recall the supplier but they had the same sender as Moss and said to use the opposite of what Moss instructed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 06:02 PM by atm92484.

Toms MG Midget Avatar
Awendaw, SC, USA   USA
I just replaced my fuel tank in my '76 Midget. I taped off all the openings, cleaned the tank outside and removed the "protective" coating that came with it. Then I "rattle canned" sprayed it with truck bed liner paint. It took about four days for that stuff to cure up. However, it finally did. The garage that put in the sender, didn't get it in right and the tank will have to be dropped again and the send rotated. (It reads full all the time).Apparently the float needs to go sideways and mine may be in front to back.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bev sleet Avatar
bev sleet Bev S
Raunds, Northamptonshire, UK   GBR
The new sender you have is a plastic top and therefore you need to make an earth wire for it.

Attachments:
020.JPG    30.6 KB
020.JPG

Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
Cheers Bev,
Can I just attach the “earth” wire to the body of the car? Thx

bev sleet Avatar
bev sleet Bev S
Raunds, Northamptonshire, UK   GBR
Daniel I just cleaned the bodywork to the nearest bolt holding the tank to the car and wrapped the wire around that bolt. all you need is about 8" of wire and a connector,.

Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
Thank you!! winking smiley
In reply to # 3716425 by bev sleet Daniel I just cleaned the bodywork to the nearest bolt holding the tank to the car and wrapped the wire around that bolt. all you need is about 8" of wire and a connector,.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster