61 Midget pedal box base line settings a.k.a. brake bias

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pixelsmithusa Avatar
Joe,

You are one of the very few people that know this. In fact, I have never, ever seen anyone comment about the Roadstar product in the last 10 -12 years. I have details of the Roadstar and what makes it problematic. Besides everything you mention, the piston design is quite poor and does not positively locate the seal. The seal can actually slide back and forth on the piston. The good news is, I can restore a Roadstar to better than new OEM specifications. I can do the same with a 7/8" core if you want to convert to disc brakes or just want a master cylinder that will outlast any re-pop available by tenfold. I can also do combination bores, i.e. 3/4' and 7/8" in the same core. I am also the only source for correct length disc brake pushrods. Some sample finished products below.

See my Tech page here:

http://gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/DbrakeUg.htm

In reply to # 3714612 by oleanderjoe ROB: CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION. If that car's hydraulics were replaced or rebuild by "ROADSTAR NELSON", well they did go out of business in about 1995. They OVERBORED that type of master cylinder and fit their OWN new pistons and seals. You CANNOT rebuild it with current repair kits. Nothing will fit. JUST FYI I used to be one of their suppliers. They made a quality product, but it made down the road repairs impossible. SOO, if that cylinder needs a rebuild, WELL ?????? smileys with beer

Gerard

http://gerardsgarage.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 11:15 PM by pixelsmithusa.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMAG0809.jpg    18.5 KB
IMAG0809.jpg

WP_000786.jpeg    39.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
WP_002674.jpeg    21 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Skeezix Avatar
Skeezix Rob Klyver
Playa Del Rey, CA, USA   USA
Update
A gent here had a spare new TRW taking up his shelf space & it’s on the way next week.
Thanks for the info gang I’ll share as we go

61 Midget Mk 1 GAN1L/294*

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
In reply to # 3716512 by Skeezix Update
A gent here had a spare new TRW taking up his shelf space & it’s on the way next week.
Thanks for the info gang I’ll share as we go

Expect to find a brake check valve on the clutch side and while you have it apart use a fine hone on the bores.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster