1275 Heater valve hose

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tafletcher Travis Fletcher
Lenoir city, TN, USA   USA
Might be a dumb question but I’ll ask it anyhow! I bought a piece of heater hose and cut it to size to go from the heater box to the heater valve but can’t get it to go without kinking. I see that Moss sells a replacement hose that is more like a radiator hose which the bend is already designed into the hose but is this the only option? Can I not use something from a local part store for this?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
TRAVIS: Yes and NO. Regular heater hose will always KINK. The Moss part Is the right part. BUT, In the past with a lot of custom work that I have done, and if you are on good terms with your local auto parts store, they MIGHT, let you look over their inventory for one that might work. BUT, some times you can find one that you can cut down, but factoring in the price and time tracking it down when the right one is available ??? The Moss hose plugs right in. Done. smileys with beer

Member Services:
Tafletcher Travis Fletcher
Lenoir city, TN, USA   USA
That’s the answer I expected. Thanks for the info!

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
If you use a generic heater hose and use enough to make a loop, rather than a short bend, that will work. Not as pretty but cheaper.

Kurt

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
1974MGMidget Avatar
1974MGMidget Silver Member Jack Orkin
Grayson, GA, USA   USA
And, if you just really want to make that generic hose work, you can try re-orienting the heater valve outlet by turning the base 180* and/or tightening or loosening the valve in the base (making sure it doesn't leak, of course!). That may let you make that gentle loop without a kink.

hoggie Avatar
hoggie Mike Hogan
Oklahoma City, OK, USA   USA
You can also insert a spring in a generic hose to keep it from kinking

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 MG MGB V8 Conversion

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links