MGExp

MG Midget Forum

Doesn't anyone write in complete sentences and use correct grammar anymore??

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jimandcassdavis Jim Davis
Swanton, OH, USA   USA
1967 MG Midget MkIII ~ For Sale ! ~
1976 MG MGB
When I want an English lesson I go to an English teacher. When I want help with my car I go to a mechanic. How many mechanics do you know who are English teachers?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dlrhine Avatar
dlrhine Dave Rhine
South, Carolina, USA   USA
In reply to # 3714242 by jimandcassdavis When I want an English lesson I go to an English teacher. When I want help with my car I go to a mechanic. How many mechanics do you know who are English teachers?

Amen brother...

If it ain't broke, I'll fix it 'til it is! winking smiley

Homerr Avatar
Homerr Jeff Kogut
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
1966 MG Midget MkII "Sold!"
1970 MG Midget MkIII "Midget On A Spit"
1971 MG Midget MkIII "The Donor"
1975 MG Midget MkIV "General MG"
I too cringe at poor grammar, but my wife (an editor) likes to call me out every time I make an error!

Beyond the typical there/their/they're and your/you're stuff I'll just add a couple of items:

advise = the act of giving advice

separate = the A's separate the E's

I use Chrome and it does underline any spelling errors but not grammar.

And Joe, good luck on finding an internet community which has grammatically correct and error free sentences!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
The improper use of "bring" and "take" makes me cringe.

In reply to # 3714827 by Homerr I too cringe at poor grammar, but my wife (an editor) likes to call me out every time I make an error!

Beyond the typical there/their/they're and your/you're stuff I'll just add a couple of items:

advise = the act of giving advice

separate = the A's separate the E's

I use Chrome and it does underline any spelling errors but not grammar.

And Joe, good luck on finding an internet community which has grammatically correct and error free sentences!

pixelsmithusa Avatar

pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, NS, Canada   CAN
Those are great! One of my favorites is, "Let's eat Grandpa!"

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 9psi boost, "stock" high ratio rocker arms, 8:1 compression, Piper 270 cam, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition.

Gordonitis Avatar
Gordonitis Jim Gordon
Valley Springs, CA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget "POS"
You have to tell Siri to add punctuation. Comma, period etc. I agree with this post. Reading online is often more work than the message is worth. It seems just too hard to type out complete three letter words. To be honest it bugs the living crap out of me.

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
My grandma wrote everything in shorthand all of her adult life. Sixty five years ago even her grocery list was shorthand.

Gordonitis Avatar
Gordonitis Jim Gordon
1978 MG Midget "POS"
A shopping list for her personal use has nothing to do with writing for public consumption.

Gordonitis Avatar
Gordonitis Jim Gordon
1978 MG Midget "POS"
If you actually read a muscle car magazine you’d have a different opinion of the readers and writers.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster