Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pallman Avatar
pallman Phillip Allardyce
Lara, Australia   AUS
My Midget (MK 3, 1969) has it's engine painted Mid Brunswick Green.

I cannot find a supplier of this paint in Australia. I the past I purchased a spray can of this paint from Moss.
They cancelled my order without explanation.

I contacted a supplier via EBAY and received the following reply:

Unfortunately following the recent rule changes with Royal Mail mean that we are unable to send this item abroad using their services.

We can use private carriers such as DHL, Hermes, DPD etc., however because these products are liquid paints the carriers treat them as Hazardous Materials and charge according, typically £200 GPB to £250 GPB for each parcel.

However if you have a UK Delivery Address of a family member, friend or business colleague that occasionally visits you they can pack it as part of their main luggage, we are quite happy to send it to that address for you?

I trust this proves to be of interest to you and should you require any further assistance please let me know.

Kind regards,

PPB Supplies Ltd

Does anyone know of an Australian contact who could mix this paint and put it in a spray can for me?

My local paint supplier claim that because it is high temperature paint they cannot put it into a spray can.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_4403.jpg    41 KB
IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg    51.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3712623 by pallman
Does anyone know of an Australian contact who could mix this paint and put it in a spray can for me?

My local paint supplier claim that because it is high temperature paint they cannot put it into a spray can.

Phil,

Like you, I bought the same color from Moss, and fairly recently. I ship my own products to Australia regularly, and my USPS account flags aerosol as prohibited, or I'd send you a can for my cost. Sorry about that...

As for the local supplier's claim, I can tell you that high temp paint is sold in spray cans all the time. What I also know is it's shipped via ground within the U.S. Weird that Moss doesn't ship pallets down under for distribution by a local outlet...

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
66Sprite Avatar
66Sprite David R
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
Hi Phillip, you could try VG Paints in Sydney https://vgautopaints.com.au/ or Colin Dodds at 'Colin Dodds' colin@spriteparts.com.au

from my reading the colour is "British Standard Middle Bronze Green (BS 223)"

Good luck, David.

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
Nice looking car, BTW!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
Yes you have to have certain shipping licenses to ship liquids like paint and oils, and even then that may not allow you to ship internationally. I had a customer in Alaska who ordered engine paint thru Moss, but since it would shipped ground thru Canada, Moss could not ship. He and I got the bright idea if he had Moss ship it to me, I could sneak it in a shipment going to him, however UPS returned the shipment to me that included a letter from Homeland Security stating this was a warning, if tried that again I would be fined.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 07:14 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others
pallman Avatar
pallman Phillip Allardyce
Lara, Australia   AUS
David,

Thanks for your help.

I had forgotten about Colin Dodds (Sprite Parts).

I bought a lot of parts from him around 10 years ago then started buying parts from Tony Bennett (Bugeye Barn) until he tragically died last year.

Colin and I had a vigorous exchange about my engine being the wrong colour. It should be Hamertone Green. I knew this but the engine in my car was an exchange engine bought by the previous owner and it came in that Olive Green colour which I have kept.

One day when I have the engine out again I will paint it in the original correct colour.

Colin is sending me the paint I need without fuss.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster