Rear leaf spring, silent bloc

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Mojan Mojan Norouzi
Fremont, CA, USA   USA
I’m renewing rear spring bushings, part#16and14.
Do I need to renew silent bloc part#13?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
104F9CA7-C54A-4D09-81BE-1A9C133679E8.jpg    40.1 KB
104F9CA7-C54A-4D09-81BE-1A9C133679E8.jpg

James E Avatar
James E Silver Member Jimmy Campbell
Bedford, VA, USA   USA
Look at it and see if it has any cracks or signs of wear. You can replace it on the car by using the right diameter sockets and a strong C-clamp.

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
For 16, go to hard urethane. You'll like what it does for your handling. Once you get the shackles and the axle unbolted you will be able to assess the condition of the Silent blocks much easier. Not as easy of a job and renewing the other parts may be enough.

Kurt

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
66Sprite Avatar
66Sprite David R
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
On mine, with the spring out of the car, I could see and feel enough sloppy movement in the bush to warrant replacement.

ice Avatar
ice Gold Member Larry Ice
Lawrenceville, GA, USA   USA
While you have everything apart why not renew both #16 and 13. Are the wear surfaces of # 22 in good shape? If not, need to replace them as well. Once you have done the other parts why not go all the way and replace all suspension parts? Sure will make a difference in the ride and improve the handling too.

Iceman

Atlanta GA

60 AH MK1
62 AH MKII
67 Midget
71 Midget

Mojan Mojan Norouzi
Fremont, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 3706483 by ice While you have everything apart why not renew both #16 and 13. Are the wear surfaces of # 22 in good shape? If not, need to replace them as well. Once you have done the other parts why not go all the way and replace all suspension parts? Sure will make a difference in the ride and improve the handling too.

I’ll change both 13and 16.

Mojan Mojan Norouzi
Fremont, CA, USA   USA
Right after removing the leaf spring the Silent block came off of spring.
The rubber section was almost gone so the inner metal part removed easily. Used gear puller to remove the outer metal part. Driver side is renewed.... will work on the other side maybe next weekend.

Attachments:
90C32C08-09CB-4C15-A632-9BE3527E5C20.jpeg    30.2 KB
90C32C08-09CB-4C15-A632-9BE3527E5C20.jpeg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1974 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links