AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

infinity2018 Avatar
infinity2018 Joe T
Denver, CO, USA   USA
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Inca"
I think my car is Inca Yellow, does anyone know where I can buy a spray can of paint? I just want to repaint the hood so don't want to buy a gallon of it or have it pre-mixed. I'm thinking that there's a suitable match from an older GM or Ford out there in an auto parts store somewhere...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20180303_163110.jpg    36.9 KB
IMG_20180303_163110.jpg

IMG_20180218_161809.jpg    62.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
WELL: I think NAPA as well as a lot of Auto Paint stores will do a color match and put it up in spray cans. Has to be ENAMEL, as Base/Clear is a no go. Also depends on the Formula. ????? Around here color match is about $40.00 to $60.00 and spray csn fills are about $12.00 - $18.00 per can. ???????

Member Services:
S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
If you don't have to worry about matching for fade I would bet that a good auto paint supplier has the paint code. Otherwise Joseph's paint scan idea would be the best.

idrivemyself Avatar
idrivemyself Kyle H
Middle of Knowhere, FL, USA   USA
I have used http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ for spray cans on my Honda and BMW before with good results. Both cars had metallic paint too. Granted, both cars were also base coat / clear coat and less than 15 years old... Not sure if they do enamels though, but give it a shot.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
infinity2018 Avatar
infinity2018 Joe T
Denver, CO, USA   USA
There's a company that fills spray cans for you? I've never heard of that.

idrivemyself, thanks for the link, I'll check that out too.

Homerr Avatar
Homerr Jeff Kogut
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
1966 MG Midget MkII "Sold!"
1970 MG Midget MkIII "Midget On A Spit"
1971 MG Midget MkIII "The Donor"
1975 MG Midget MkIV "General MG"
https://www.paintscratch.com/ is another, I used it to get a kit for my truck.

1974MGMidget Avatar
1974MGMidget Silver Member Jack Orkin
Grayson, GA, USA   USA
Some automotive paint stores will put paint in spray cans for you. But, you probably have to buy some minimum amount, like a quart, and then they will put some into spray cans.

dennisculpt Avatar
dennisculpt Dennis Lynn
Show Low, AZ, USA   USA
1974 MG Midget MkIII "Urge"
Napa x2, they did one spray can for me, no charge on the color match (I brought in a couple paint flakes) $17 total.

JOEVACS Avatar
JOEVACS Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   USA
There is a Rustoleum can of yellow that's pretty darn close. I painted a couple of small areas on my car around the boot lid seal and I'm happy with it. Painting the whole bonnet might not work though, not sure.

infinity2018 Avatar
infinity2018 Joe T
Denver, CO, USA   USA
Hmm, I'll check it out, thanks.

davester Avatar
davester Dave Diamond
Berkeley, California, USA   USA
1965 Austin-Healey Sprite
1971 MG MGB GT "Dad's Car"
I bought a can from https://www.paintscratch.com. They have the British Leyland paint codes and the can they sent me was an absolutely perfect match.

dimini Avatar
dimini Don Ipock
Kansas City, MO, USA   USA
Joe T-
One more consideration: I just received my can of spray paint from TouchUpDirect and it's a perfect match for my Pageant Blue color. Not exactly cheap, as you need to buy the can of clear coat, too + SH= $46.93 via NewEgg. You can buy direct from TouchUpDirect, but it was cheaper through NewEgg.

infinity2018 Avatar
infinity2018 Joe T
Denver, CO, USA   USA
Hmm, sounds good, I'll take a look, thanks.

73midget Avatar
73midget Chris Edwards
Garland, TX, USA   USA
sherwin williams automotive can custom match and give you a paint you can spray.

1974MGMidget Avatar
1974MGMidget Silver Member Jack Orkin
Grayson, GA, USA   USA
I've bought lots of electronics from Newegg, but had no idea they were into all that other stuff!! So, I found their auto paint section and checked Touchupdirect, but how do you get to specific MG colors?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster