AutoShrine Sponsor

Where does it go?
  This topic is about my 1978 MG Midget 1500
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Parts Car"
So I decided since it was raining and nasty out I'd clean the interior panels I brought. They turned out nice and I even got one seat recovered so far. But I have two pieces that I can't figure out where they go. I think the material should be around the cardboard pieces. I thought they might be the sill panels but those are bigger and accounted for. Any ideas?

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20180210_131918.jpg    30.9 KB
20180210_131918.jpg

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Top of the doors?

76lucas Avatar
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
Found it. They are for the b-pillar. Thanks Rick your suggestion is what made me look in that area and see it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
thumbs up

In reply to # 3678674 by 76lucas Found it. They are for the b-pillar. Thanks Rick your suggestion is what made me look in that area and see it.

Statestreet Avatar
Statestreet John Lockwood
Tucson AZ, USA   USA
Ok. I've seen lots of discussion about A pillars, usually involving rust. Where are the B pillars?

73midget Avatar
73midget Chris Edwards
Garland, TX, USA   USA
A pillars are in front of the doors. B pillars are the back of the doors. On a 4 door car the back of the rear doors would’ve the C pillars, etc.

76lucas Avatar
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
It's the post behind the door, Where the catch for the door latch and such bolt to, They don't typically get rusty so they don't get mentioned often.

In reply to # 3678809 by Statestreet Ok. I've seen lots of discussion about A pillars, usually involving rust. Where are the B pillars?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links