AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tater salad Avatar
tater salad Gold Member Todd Smith
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
YES I HAVE read Norm Kerr's replacing window seals ect, and everyone else's
but some of me is still in question LOL
when you install Moss Motors part number 282-200 vent seal, did you or have you used a type of glue on the seal to stick to the vent window frame?

and I hate to ask but while assembling the door windows together, yes I have read it over and over but I'm going to ask again, are the window felts installed in the doors first?

ok please inform me of my questions

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
djclinton Avatar
djclinton Dennis Clinton
Mesquite, NV, USA   USA
1964 Ford Ranchero "Red Rocket"
1966 Other Custom "Green Machine"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Bridgette(brown Midget)"
Mine is a '79, so not the same as yours, but I used no glue on the seals for the vent window. Also, if you take out the bottom stop in side the door, the glass will drop down far enough to replace the felts.

tater salad Avatar
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
thanks for the tip Dennis
but how do you get the seal to lay flat and the side cuffs not to fold under?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
djclinton Avatar
djclinton Dennis Clinton
Mesquite, NV, USA   USA
You are talking about the seal that goes around the inside of the frame that the vent glass presses up against when closed? It was a bear to get the old one out. Once the glass is closed, the rubber will press up against it without any problem.(at least mine did.

tater salad Avatar
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
No I am asking about the rubber seal between the wing window and top of the door, the seal is about 7 inches long

djclinton Avatar
djclinton Dennis Clinton
Mesquite, NV, USA   USA
Sorry. Now I looked up the part you are talking about and understand what you are saying. When I installed mine, I used a thin putty knife to keep pulling the edges up over the chrome piece while I tightened the vent window frame down. It was not easy, but I was successful.Once the frame is down tight the rubber lips stay in place. It might help to put the seal in some hot water first so it is more pliable.

mantwillys Avatar
mantwillys skip m.
wadsworth, NV, USA   USA
todd,
use liquid dish for lube and plastic puttyknife to protect paint. rinse with water for clean up.

skip

if you are are not happy,you are doing the wrong thing. sooo.....??

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links