Datsun 210 5 speed transmission

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

nassau66 Larry Cross
Browns Mills, NJ, USA   USA
In reply to # 3713280 by Windrideror ...Got the new exhaust pipe installed and hooked up at both ends....

Are you planning on using a trans mounted exhaust pipe support?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Windrideror Avatar
Windrideror Carl Rosenburg
Redmond, OR, USA   USA
Larry. Didn't know that there is supposed to be one. Car did not have one on it when I got it, header straight into tail pipe back to muffler and one exhaust hanger at the rear of car. Been running it that way the last two summer's without having any issues. Know I'm going to have to go onto Moss web site and see what I might be missing.

Carl

Windrideror Avatar
Redmond, OR, USA   USA
It lives again. Came home from work tonight and rechecked all fluid levels again. Cranked engine over untill had oil pressure showing on the gauge, had turned over a few times yesterday without get gauge to move. Did not want to over heat the new starter so took it in baby steps, turn over a few times walk away and wait awhile and then repeat.
Put new plugs into head, rechecked timing and primed carb with fuel. Started right up ran up to 2500 rpms and held it there for 20 mins to break in new cam and lifters.
Held 70psi oil pressure the whole time and temp gauge never went above the normal mark. Shifted trans thru all the gears with engine running and moved car a small distance in first and reverse. All seams good there.
Call that a good night and have a home brew.
Still going to put the timing light on it and check timing, will be much easier now that marks are on the top of the pulley with a pointer on timing cover.
I just might make it to the car show on this coming Saturday after all. Been a long drawn out process of doing this change over but I think I'm on the down hill side. Still need to hook up speedo under dash, wire in the new horn kit and replace the bad turn signal switch.
Some off which can wait until after the Spring fling car show.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Windrideror Avatar
Redmond, OR, USA   USA
So tonight's adventure consisted of starting the MG up, kicked the throttle peddle twice and it cranked right up. Timing must be close, backed it out of the garage and took it down the road for a short little test drive. Went in to all gears great without any issues of any kind. Just need to tie up a bunch of loose ends. At some point I'm going to be going through and rebuilding the SU's that came with the car and see if they preform better than the Weber that is now on there. I expect that they will as I will then be able to use the vacuum advance, that has not usable with the Weber that is on there now. But hey this got me going again for the time being.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 MG MGB Limited Edition LE

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links