Bugeye body parts, is the cheap one OK?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rockmidget Peter Rock
Wausau, WI, USA   USA
Hello there experts. Working on the body of my bugeye, repairing rusted areas.

#1) I need to replace end caps on the bottom rail of the body. Is the $6.99 part going to work or do I need the $28.99 part?

#2) This may already be on a thread, but I haven't found it. I purchased new front frame rail parts a few years back from AHspares, one came with pin receptacle hole mounted at an angle , the other not. I see moss has the same parts, the same way. Many photos I see, they both have holes. My bonnet is stored in another building, so I have been unable to verify that I need it on both.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
End cap Bugeye.jpg    4.3 KB
End cap Bugeye.jpg

bugeye frame section.jpg    9.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
1152.JPG    50.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
pixelsmithusa Avatar
The frame stub with the angled bracket and receptacle are correct for the Bugeye. That was not used on any later models, as those are for the bonnet locating pins. Yes, needed on both if you intend to make it original.

What I've always seen in postings from others as that the low-end reproductions don't fit well or aren't made properly, and require a lot of fiddling.

Gerard

http://gerardsgarage.com/

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
Have the bonnet in place and fitted up against the cowl and a-post when you go to fit the frame extensions. Make sure the inner fender bumpers and "fangs" where the bonnet fits onto the frame extensions are in place. And the cowl seal. And the sill bumpers.

I grew to hate the big one-piece bonnet by the time I got it to fit everywhere it needed to fit.

Pete

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
autocomman mark w
lost angy, USA   USA
If you can swing it go with the proper ones, if the expensive ones are originals, or overstock replacements, do it.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster