AutoShrine Sponsor

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
In reply to # 3679918 by Mglinkow Yes, I’m the newest member of the NB club. I come to cars and coffee from time to time.
How much do you think you’d want for the horn push?

I have to first figure out if the Moto-Lita aftermarket wheel I've been sitting on will call for a different hub to use on a 1965. If not, I will retain everything I take off this parts car to go on my driver. If the weather would cooperate in middle TN I might have done all this weeks ago! Were you at the club holiday party at Carl George's garage? I drove my Purple Rat 1974 to the festivities. Last drive before I sold it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mglinkow Michael Glinkowski
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
No, I did not go to the party. Right now I try to spend almost every free day I have (weekends mainly) working on my Austin Healey. At this stage I discover that there is more work than I anticipated. Hopefully at some point the project will be down the hill instead of up the hill.

Nashville, TN, USA   USA
Hi Ryan, I’m in the Nashville area. If you find the ~1966 Sprite horn push I’m definitely interested.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
christofini Avatar
christofini Chris H
East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK   GBR
1967 Austin-Healey Sprite "Wilson"
Totally forgot I made this post - life got busy quick!

A late update: the play in the wheel ended up being loose bolts - there's 3/4 bolts connecting the wheel to the hub that were loose. I'm looking at replacing the steering wheel as I'm unhappy with the weird horn fix the DPO made. I ended up destroying the rubber surround and the wheel is held together with duct tape. sad smiley

Ryan, I'd be very interested in the banjo wheel if you still have it. If you manage to find it could you send me some photos? I've been scouring around for a worn-looking wheel (to match the worn out car!). I actually have a spare horn push from an older banjo wheel that I found at a wrecker's yard which will fit nicely.

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
In reply to # 3680057 by Mglinkow No, I did not go to the party. Right now I try to spend almost every free day I have (weekends mainly) working on my Austin Healey. At this stage I discover that there is more work than I anticipated. Hopefully at some point the project will be down the hill instead of up the hill.

Isn't it fantastic when you can, though? I tell my wife this behavior keeps me out of the bars and brothels. I didn't realize how many little projects on my first and second Midgets could be accomplished in the evening after work and all weekend in a garage ATTACHED to my home as I had for many years. I've been working in an open carport/shed since 2016 when I moved to the country. Brrr.

Nashville, TN, USA   USA
Yes, it is. Especially for me when my wife joins me in the evenings and weekends. She would sit on the steps in the garage, help me with some stuff like handing me the wrenches, pulling wires from the other side of the chassis and having a glass of red wine. She is a fantastic lady and such a great companion. She supports my projects.

Ryan R Avatar
Oklahoma City, OK, USA   USA
I'll send you a PM.

In reply to # 3680408 by christofini Totally forgot I made this post - life got busy quick!

A late update: the play in the wheel ended up being loose bolts - there's 3/4 bolts connecting the wheel to the hub that were loose. I'm looking at replacing the steering wheel as I'm unhappy with the weird horn fix the DPO made. I ended up destroying the rubber surround and the wheel is held together with duct tape. sad smiley

Ryan, I'd be very interested in the banjo wheel if you still have it. If you manage to find it could you send me some photos? I've been scouring around for a worn-looking wheel (to match the worn out car!). I actually have a spare horn push from an older banjo wheel that I found at a wrecker's yard which will fit nicely.

If you're near Oklahoma City, come have breakfast:
www.BritishCarBreakfastClub.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OBCBC/

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster